• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Greatest supervillain of all time any universe
3 3

131 posts in this topic

Thanos.  A complex, powerful, interesting villain.  He has a motive for his actions, and is not just some EVIL mwah-ha-ha! Type villain that just acts for no discernable reason like the Joker.  

If by greatest we mean most iconic, historic, defining I do not believe it's possible to argue against The Joker.  

If by greatest we mean powerful who knows? Ten year old's can dream up someone more powerful than the last most powerful hero or villain.  

4 minutes ago, Tony S said:

If by greatest we mean most iconic, historic, defining I do not believe it's possible to argue against The Joker.  

If by greatest we mean powerful who knows? Ten year old's can dream up someone more powerful than the last most powerful hero or villain.  

I dont think a villain with absolutely no powers or plot motivation besides being CRAZY can even be in the top 100 villains.

I've dealt with actual CRAZY people-they arent capable of accomplishing much.  Sure they can go out in a frenzy burst of killin but years of super villaining?  Nope.

He's a one dimensional cardboard character.  Why is he crazy?  What kind of crazy?  What's the DSM on him?  What is his motivation?  None of that is addressed he's just another one in a long list of bad guys that's just crazy and evil.  Boring.  The part of Batman he defines I find incredibly boring.  Not a single batman/joker story interested me in the slightest.  Rhas al Ghul now thats an interesting character.