• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Cosmic Aeroplane Pedigree Thread
3 3

105 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

Not consistent with the pedigree.

Thanks! Mr. B posted a Crusaders from Mars on the first page and assumed ZD was some of what was collected.

There were ZDs in the collection. The first one I owned was a Lars of Mars 11.

On 6/8/2020 at 7:57 PM, BakerFanOne said:

That is an awesome book and having a Pedigree to boot is priceless.  The term grail is thrown around a lot on these boards, but this is truly a grail.  

On 6/8/2020 at 10:03 AM, batman_fan said:

WOW, that is spectacular. (worship)

On 6/8/2020 at 8:15 PM, Dr. Love said:

I know, that thumb, right?

Thanks for the compliments, gents, on both the More Fun 52 and the thumb!  Much appreciated!  

53 minutes ago, sagii said:

Congrats!

Will look great in a pedigree slab!

I wasn't planning on getting it slabbed but that's an interesting train of thought. Would CGC deem it a pedigree without any documentation?

2 minutes ago, Point Five said:

I wasn't planning on getting it slabbed but that's an interesting train of thought. Would CGC deem it a pedigree without any documentation?

I have 3 that I have picked up over the years, never noticed when I bought them, neither did the sellers, 2 of whom were big time dealers. When I sent them in, CGC did mark them as Cosmic Aeroplanes, I did note the pedigree in the submission form.

Here is one I picked up at Wizard Chicago, about 15 years ago. It has an almost split spine.

image.thumb.png.967f67a08a1f7fba6b985224acb66723.pngpicked up years ago i, it had an almost split spine. 

32 minutes ago, Point Five said:

As the incomparable @skypinkblu stated, I'm sure CGC would recognize it as such. 

Great books Sha! :hi:

1 hour ago, Point Five said:

They wouldn't need any documentation for that one. You could just note it on the submission sheet. 

1 hour ago, Point Five said:

Great find! There are still a lot of them out in the wild. These are easy to confirm with the check on the cover and pencil checks in the interior margins. CGC would most likely note it especially if you brought it to their attention. 

But unless you are ready to sell it, why would you want to slab it? I have a fair number of them and love to thumb through them once in a while, It is what makes the ped...

19 minutes ago, mwotka said:

Great find on the Kaanga, and beautiful books Sharon!  I only have one book from this pedigree, but it is one of my favorites!  I had posted on the Centaur thread last year sometime, but I hope you will forgive the repeat posting.

Amazing Mystery Funnies v2.5 .jpeg

Amazing book! Off-topic, but I was just thinking the other day that I've seen a lot less Centaurs floating around in the past year. Are they just not coming up for sale as much (even compared to, say, Fox) or is it my imagination?