• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time to boast and brag!! How many of these top 100 Hottest Comics do you own?
5 5

120 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, DocHoppus182 said:

Snap!  I didn’t realize you could sort by age.  So I figured, surely I’d have better luck in the GA category.  NOT!  Not one in the top 100.  Guess I better throw my Marvel Mystery’s and this fella in the garbage because apparently they’re undesireable.  

955307AD-526F-4B94-8EF0-F69310301562.thumb.jpeg.c33e04195b10763f5f13a355602cd1b1.jpeg

Trade you for a Spawn #1

2 hours ago, thunsicker said:

@jhm what does this list show?  Most sales?  Biggest price increase?  Something else?

Thanks for asking! It's the most actively sold graded comics. You can click into any book, then click into "All Recent" under the "Fair Market Value" section to see each of the logged recent sales in all grades. Or you can use the Analyzer to drill down deeper.

So with ASM 300 being on the top of the list, it has sold more copies in the same time frame than ASM 361.

5 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

The list is very skewed though as it seems to be based upon what is currently available.  For example I was surprised that Batman #9 is not on the list as it has an iconic cover as does Detective Comics 164 which is the Bat-Signal cover and both of which I own.  Then I realized that copies of those books are not usually available for sale and would not have a lot of movement which would not trigger 'popularity'.

Close, but that list represents books that were sold. 

-----------------------

This list isn't attempting to represent the most desirable comics (that one would be quite different IMHO). I'm personally into golden age books. It pains me to say that the list of GA books from that Most Popular area of the site is pretty worthless. The "good stuff" doesn't sell often enough to make this list.

That said, I'd be open to ideas on how we could assemble a desirability list. What factors would go into your list? Some of the data points we have available:

1. Total represented within user lists
  2. Total represented in CGC census
  3. Cert lookup activity (cert scan feature was just released for faster phone lookups using your camera) https://comics.gocollect.com/cgc-lookup
  4. Total being actively "watched" by members
  5. Individual book page visits
  6. Etc

...and just about everything has historical references, so we can evaluate change too.

GoCollect has a large and active user base. So maybe some sort of social/voting system might be worth exploring?

Have a great weekend everyone!

57 minutes ago, jhm said:

Thanks for asking! It's the most actively sold graded comics. You can click into any book, then click into "All Recent" under the "Fair Market Value" section to see each of the logged recent sales in all grades. Or you can use the Analyzer to drill down deeper.

So with ASM 300 being on the top of the list, it has sold more copies in the same time frame than ASM 361.

Close, but that list represents books that were sold. 

-----------------------

This list isn't attempting to represent the most desirable comics (that one would be quite different IMHO). I'm personally into golden age books. It pains me to say that the list of GA books from that Most Popular area of the site is pretty worthless. The "good stuff" doesn't sell often enough to make this list.

That said, I'd be open to ideas on how we could assemble a desirability list. What factors would go into your list? Some of the data points we have available:

1. Total represented within user lists
  2. Total represented in CGC census
  3. Cert lookup activity (cert scan feature was just released for faster phone lookups using your camera) https://comics.gocollect.com/cgc-lookup
  4. Total being actively "watched" by members
  5. Individual book page visits
  6. Etc

...and just about everything has historical references, so we can evaluate change too.

GoCollect has a large and active user base. So maybe some sort of social/voting system might be worth exploring?

Have a great weekend everyone!

Gotta be available in order for it to be sold !  :sumo:

Case in point I tried to upgrade my Tec 164 last year and nothing was available except for the guy that wants infinite money for his 'error' version on ebay

17 hours ago, TheAvenger80 said:

Most of my collection isn't nearby but based on memory I think I have ~52 of these books. How many do YOU have?

https://comics.gocollect.com/most-active

I have 2 of the top 4 and the reason they are the most actively sold is they are so mass produced they are readily available at the click of a button