• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time to boast and brag!! How many of these top 100 Hottest Comics do you own?
5 5

120 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Ducky13 said:

I have 3 of the top 5 but only 12 of the top 100, I have about 35 on my personal list to acquire, several out of my range to aquire. Only have 1 of the top 100 slabbed (Killing Joke).

I have amazing 361 at 9.4 and 9.8, might buy spawn 1 at 9.8 today. No sign of thanos 13 on there. Have xforce 11 at 9.8 and 2 raws

19 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Golden Age: 10 / 100

Silver Age: 48 / 100 (Multiples of many of the 48 that I have - like I have 7x ASM 14's laying about - and no, I am not selling)

Bronze Age: 31 / 100 (Multiples of around half of that 31)

Modern Age: 28 / 100

Recently Released: Not bothering to count... whatever ASM issues are on the list except for super dooper 1:10,000 variant stuff. 

The list is very skewed though as it seems to be based upon what is currently available.  For example I was surprised that Batman #9 is not on the list as it has an iconic cover as does Detective Comics 164 which is the Bat-Signal cover and both of which I own.  Then I realized that copies of those books are not usually available for sale and would not have a lot of movement which would not trigger 'popularity'.

I found that out and it really surprised me golden age comic books don't sell in the volume of their silver age,bronze age,copper age and modern age counterparts.

Hulk#181 and ASM #300 sometimes sell ten times the copies of those golden age Batman and Superman comics because of availability and price.

An example was at one time over 100 copies sold of ASM #300/Hulk #181 were being sold a month on eBay compared to maybe one or two copies a month of golden age Batman #9.

That really surprised me.

21 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

are those prices for real ??

Yep. Comic book key first appearances have exploded in price. Some comic book first appearances that could have been found in dollar boxes 10 years ago are now commanding top dollars.

While a lot of other collectible hobbies are dead and dying we will find comic books took the opposite direction. I say the comic book movies were the big thing that gave new life.

Avengers are like the new rock stars now to the world.