• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed - An Amazing Thready - you ABSOLUTELY must check it out. Killer books. All CGC slabs
3 3

37 posts in this topic

First, usual rules, no bad people, no HOS or probies, etc.

First :takeit:in the thread trumps all others, including deals made via DM. If we agree in private on a price, post on the thread (or ask me to if you want to remain private, but I can't be blamed for being too slow if someone else gets to the main thread before I do, so keep that in mind).

Payment - PayPal up to $999, above that Check or USPS Money orders, everything has to clear bank before books sent.

Shipping:  Everything will included Insurance 
In Continental US is $15 for up to 2 slabs, $15 for each additional 2 slabs, unless you buy a whole mess of them and then we'll figure out shipping (better price, depends on what kind of box I can use to  safely ship them all). Above $1,000 shipping free.
Outside Continental US - we'll figure out a price

These are CGC slabs so no returns. If it comes damaged I will work with you to recoup the cost from the USPS as they will be insured.

:preach: Finally, a note about pricing - PCH is HOT. Baker is HOT. And a few of these books just don't have sales that often, or even that many graded books. So, I try to extrapolate from GPA and other sources, including what others are asking for the books on other forums. I am always open to offers and explanations of why you think I am overpriced (and even if you take the book and want to explain why I may have underpriced it I would be grateful - education is one of the objectives in life). Please don't be insulted if I don't accept reasonable offers, I am also about to set up at my first show next month (Big Apple Con) and it seems like I should keep some of the nice books like these to have on the back wall there. 

I'm going to leave this open through the end of the holiday weekend, closing when either all the books are sold (ha ha ha ha!!!) or Tuesday when I can close it officially and send out invoices.

These have all been pressed - fyi.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Qua-Brot
closing time, tags, closing

We'll go in alphabetical order

First up - Authentic Police Cases 24, great Baker cover, CGC 5.5 OW/W pages. Presents great, classic cover, what else can I say. Almost no sales data and I asked an expert, he suggested $600. SOLD!!!

2016918-F002.jpg

2016918-B002.jpg

Edited by Qua-Brot
sold

Space Western Comics 45 CGC 4.5 OW, last issue of the series, wacky title but great cover! Oh yeah, and an appearance by Hitler . . . a 4.5 sold about a year and a half ago (ancient times for these Atomic Age beauties) so I'm going to ask $600.  SOLD!!!

2016918-F014.jpg

2016918-B014.jpg

Edited by Qua-Brot
Sold

Strange Mysteries 15 CGC 4.0 WHITE pages. My favorite cover of this group. Lower grade but nice PQ, great cover, and no GPA data. 2 for sale on eBay, one with a detached cover and one stated 1.8, both asking mid to high $400's. I'm asking $1,200 for this completely intact, white page beauty.

2016918-F006.jpg

2016918-B006.jpg

Teen Age Romances 3 CGC 6.0 C/OW. This presents higher, but grade text states "2 center wraps detached" which brings the grade down. I'm not sure how that affects the price. A much worse looking 5.5 sold in July for $960. I'm going to start by asking $1,350. Let the market decide! And they put it in a magazine size holder - it was a little oversized (??)  SOLD!!!

2016918-F015.jpg

2016918-B015.jpg

Edited by Qua-Brot
Sold

The Thing! 4 CGC 5.5 WHITE pages! Nice Zombie cover! Biggest problem with this book is the transfer stain on the back cover (the book it comes from will be listed soon as well Wanted Comics 50 - get the set!!!). A 6.0 with inferior PQ sold about a year ago for $418. I'm going to ask $500. 

2016918-F004.jpg

2016918-B004.jpg

Wanted Comics 50 CGC 6.5 WHITE pages! I am not an expert on this title but I think this is the 2nd best cover of the run (first being 32). Buscema cover and art, odd Pink inks that were unstable so not common in higher grade (this is 2nd highest grade behind a 7.0). One sold over 2 years ago for $294. Some one is asking $1,000 for a CGC 6.5 OW/W - who am I to doubt his judgement? Asking $900.  And remember, the transfer stain from this is listed above (The Thing! 4). Buy the pair and keep them together for history's sake!  SOLD!!!

2016918-F007.jpg

2016918-B007.jpg

Edited by Qua-Brot
Sold

Just now, Qua-Brot said:

Wanted Comics 50 CGC 6.5 WHITE pages! I am not an expert on this title but I think this is the 2nd best cover of the run (first being 32). Buscema cover and art, odd Pink inks that were unstable so not common in higher grade (this is 2nd highest grade behind a 7.0). One sold over 2 years ago for $294. Some one is asking $1,000 for a CGC 6.5 OW/W - who am I to doubt his judgement? Asking $900.  And remember, the transfer stain from this is listed above (The Thing! 4). Buy the pair and keep them together for history's sake!

2016918-F007.jpg

2016918-B007.jpg

take