• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

pressing question

6 posts in this topic

I've never had anything pressed, so I am an ignorant babe in the woods. Just a simple question. Will pressing fix moisture ripples? I know it won't affect moisture staining, but with a book that has rippling but no staining, will pressing smooth that out? Thanks!

As Bob said pictures will help. There are instances where the cover shrinks because it absorbed large quantities of water, add to this wrinkling and sometimes you will be left with very light creases (after a press) due to the multiple issues with the book. If it is just light rippling, a press should take out all the ripples. 

15 minutes ago, Crimebuster said:

Thanks for the answers, I appreciate it. 

I don't have the book yet, otherwise I would post pictures. Trying to decide whether to buy a book that presents very nicely but has some moisture ripples. hm

Thanks!

Not knowing what the book is or how it is priced, I would not chase a book with moisture ripples unless it was very cheap. If the seller is trying to sell it based on the 'fact' that the moisture ripples can be removed is risky. There may very well be staining. The moisture may permeate the internal pages and the whole book. I would advise to take a pass on this book.