• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED

12 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, buckycap said:

Looking for a Bruce Timm Harley Quinn head sketch or any Bruce Finn Harley Original art. Post pic and price here or pm me. I know there are a couple on eBay but they are priced a little too high for me and the seller is not looking to deal.

Be really careful with Bruce Timm art, in general. There are what I consider to be a lot of fakes out there. And that includes a particular Harley Quinn sketch, if it is the one I am thinking of. It doesn't look right.

I have been looking for a Bruce Timm Phantom Stranger, which I think is out there, but after seeing a fair number of fake Timm's, I may hold off until I go to Moy and get one commissioned.

6 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

Be really careful with Bruce Timm art, in general. There are what I consider to be a lot of fakes out there. And that includes a particular Harley Quinn sketch, if it is the one I am thinking of. It doesn't look right.

What fakes have you seen? I’m sure headsketches are sometimes faked, but are there specific pieces we should avoid? 

As for the OP, just wait till the California shows, when reputable dealers buy and then resell his sketches. 

To give you some idea on prices, Bruce sells his headsketches for $100 and Albert sells b&w prelims for about $350-750. 

6 hours ago, Catwoman_Fan said:

What fakes have you seen? I’m sure headsketches are sometimes faked, but are there specific pieces we should avoid? 

As for the OP, just wait till the California shows, when reputable dealers buy and then resell his sketches. 

To give you some idea on prices, Bruce sells his headsketches for $100 and Albert sells b&w prelims for about $350-750. 

I don't think this is Bruce Timm's work. In particular, look at the way the eyes are drawn and compare it to his other work.

s-l1600.jpg

This is pretty clearly Timm:

SPIDER-GWEN Original Art by BRUCE TIMM--Gwen from Edge of Spider-verse 2 not CGC

2 hours ago, buckycap said:

I am aware of the many fakes out there. In fact I'm pretty sure a Poison Ivy that sold yesterday on eBay from a seller in Hong Kong was a fake. That's one for the reasons why I came here looking for a sketch. Much more trustworthy sellers here in my opinion.

Just out of curiosity, what do you think gives that away as a fake?

3 minutes ago, masterlogan2000 said:

Just out of curiosity, what do you think gives that away as a fake?

Lots of factors for me, had a traced look to it, could see no pencil lines at all,signature looked off, seller had low (14) feedback, seller from Hong Kong, sellers completed sold listings had another Poison Ivy and a Harley that was listed and sold twice among other originals that were sold multiple times. Lots of red flags for me.

On 2/22/2019 at 5:44 AM, MIL0S said:

Although not a Harley I have a great pencil Red Sonja piece for sale, it is on 8.5"x11" cardstock, price is $500, same price I paid Albert Moy and as a bonus I'll include an unpublished xerox sketchbook of Timm pinups/nudes. 

redsonja-pencil.jpeg.0da891b2bad31fe2850a432869a47e62.jpeg

Edited by buckycap