• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Haul
1 1

283 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

Tell us more!

:popcorn:

So I noticed xforce 11 cgc 9.8 and I'm thinking to myself how much?

So I say " how much for that xforce 11" he turns to me and says "250.00,serious inquiries only though man!" This is right after I put 4 beans on new mutants 98. So I pull out my phone open my ebay app scroll to my purchases and find xforce 11 that I won on auction, I smile and point to it

"So did I get a good deal than"

He responds "you paid 100 for that?"

I said "yeah"

"You got a good deal"

"You think so" I smile.

"Yeah and people always making me look like an a..h..."

I smiled and waved

29 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

So I noticed xforce 11 cgc 9.8 and I'm thinking to myself how much?

So I say " how much for that xforce 11" he turns to me and says "250.00,serious inquiries only though man!" This is right after I put 4 beans on new mutants 98. So I pull out my phone open my ebay app scroll to my purchases and find xforce 11 that I won on auction, I smile and point to it

"So did I get a good deal than"

He responds "you paid 100 for that?"

I said "yeah"

"You got a good deal"

"You think so" I smile.

"Yeah and people always making me look like an a..h..."

I smiled and waved

Should have said I can buy #11 9.8 on ebay all day long-for $100-plenty of em.  Maybe theyre not such a good deal its just yours is a bad deal-

3 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

You are always the voice of reason Kav😇

You can also ask the people sellin em for $100 "tell me why I should pay $100 here when I can get one on ebay for $100?  Go."

Just now, FineCollector said:

You're clearly new here.  Kav's old wrestling name was "the Derailer" before he did a face-plant.

FTFY

X-force 11? I have one of those somewhere along with 87 and 98 ha ha ha I have the only X-forces worth money and I bought them for 30 pence each at the time. Plus I've never been an X-Men fan so I don't even know why I bought them in the first place as I only collect Spider-man and the Marvel horror titles of the 70's.:roflmao: :flipbait:

1 hour ago, kav said:

You can also ask the people sellin em for $100 "tell me why I should pay $100 here when I can get one on ebay for $100?  Go."

Whhhyyyyy😂🤣

Do I have to wear a diaper when I read your posts?

There was none selling them for 100 dollars at that ripoff show, I have a nose for deals and I sniffed out all of them. The only deal I passed on was asm 361 9.8 which was about 20 less than what I paid for it but buddy threw in a comic I wanted.

2 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Whhhyyyyy😂🤣

There was none selling them for 100 dollars at that ripoff show, I have a nose for deals and I sniffed out all of them. The only deal I passed on was asm 361 9.8 which was about 20 less than what I paid for it but buddy threw in a comic I wanted.

Everyone at the show was sellin em at inflated prices????  WHY DO PPL BUY AT SHOWS?????

52 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Yawn... sounds like just another kid asking for big discounts on keys.  Can you even name 3 Eternals without looking?

26 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

Yawn... sounds like just another kid asking for big discounts on keys.  Can you even name 3 Eternals without looking?

I can Ikarus maakari and sersi

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Whhhyyyyy😂🤣

Cool story bro 👍

@BITCOINSWAMI, meet @Hollywood1892

7 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Anyone interested in what I bought today at the comic show? No,alright I'll tell you anyways.

Spawn 9.8 cgc

Thanos 13

Deadpool 1

Deadpool circle chase complete set

The killing joke

Rai 0 Jim Shooter autograph

Edge of the spiderverse spidergwen 1st print

New Mutants 98

And I also managed to make a dealer look like a full blown jerk when he was selling xforce 11 9.8 cgc for 250.00 when I got mine for 100.00

Funny, considering because of my disability I usually am the guy that has to walk (roll away) or argue to get something at a decent price. They see the disability and the wheelchair and they think that they found an easy mark. Understand I have no problem with people making money for their time but not at a 200 to 300% profit margin. If you can keep someone else from being taken advantage of then good for you man. I commend you.

4 hours ago, Lord_Knikon said:

Funny, considering because of my disability I usually am the guy that has to walk (roll away) or argue to get something at a decent price. They see the disability and the wheelchair and they think that they found an easy mark. Understand I have no problem with people making money for their time but not at a 200 to 300% profit margin. If you can keep someone else from being taken advantage of then good for you man. I commend you.

I don't think it has anything to do with your disability.  There is a never ending stream of people willing to give you a penny for your books and charge 1000 for it.  It is up to you to arm yourself with knowledge about prices and conditions so you don't get ripped off.  Don't take it personally, just move along until you find the right book at the right price for you.  At least now you have the advantage of shopping the entire internet instead of just local shops and waiting for conventions.

13 hours ago, tv horror said:

X-force 11? I have one of those somewhere along with 87 and 98 ha ha ha I have the only X-forces worth money and I bought them for 30 pence each at the time. Plus I've never been an X-Men fan so I don't even know why I bought them in the first place as I only collect Spider-man and the Marvel horror titles of the 70's.:roflmao: :flipbait:

keeping in mind they are talking about a CGC graded 9.8 copy - there seems to be a huge premium paid for moving up from 9.2 to 9.4 to 9.6 with a nosebleed jump to some 9.8s. I am guessing your copies might not be quite that exceptional condition-wise if these weren't your focus (and you stated you have them "somewhere" which makes me doubt they have received the best care). I won't go into the whole pence copy part either. But yeah-- I get the same good feeling when I see a book I bought off the rack getting good money when I paid cover price (25-35 cents) when I was buying from the rack.

11 hours ago, FineCollector said:

Actually I'm 40  just got out of prison after serving 20 years and I'm trying to reinvent a childhood filled with trauma neglect and abuse. I'm trying to find a comfort zone and fit in with a society that I have felt neglected by for a majority of my life. I dont have a lot of money  I work a dead end job and I have to report to a parole officer on a weekly basis, I have to submit randomly to urinalysis and take extensive programming to deal with substance and violent issues, but if you feel comfortable coming at me for trying to belong while you have guilt your collection in the relative comfort of safety and security then feed your manhood soldier 😡