• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Haul
1 1

283 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Why don't you invest in stocks rather than comic books..?

You have no idea what you're doing. Go read Gabe's journal before you have your own epiphany. There's history to learn from.

Swami and Hollywood are in for a rude awakening when they can't resell their books and don't care to keep them. That's why you buy the book and not the label (or the hype). If I can't resell my books, then I'll be perfectly happy keeping them.

I buy books I'm prepared to keep as well, for example asm 361 carnage favourite supervillain, xforce 11 domino favourite female superhero, vengeance of bane love bane, thanos 13 like thanos and punisher,also ghostrider, spawn liked it as a kid growing up. Movies only increase the interest, sure there is specs eternals nova, but those arent the comics you invest most of your was in, the ones you love are! Love deadpool, new mutants 98 is decreasing in value, you are only partially correct, but fully ignorant in what I desire.

#lovemorehateless 

Edited by Hollywood1892
Unfinished

9 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Part 1 (328 Pages)

Part 2 (14 Pages)

And, yes, I have read every single page (over a few days). It was truly entertaining/sad.

Companion threads:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/374997-time-payments-question-should-i-handled-it-differently-update/

1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

The best you two can do is not come on here with guns blazing, and learn from the people who have been here a long time, and have quite a bit of time collecting. 

There is  a vast amount of knowledge about everything here,  so soak it up instead of bragging to people who don't really care what you're bragging about.

We've all been there many years ago. 

Even though I've been collecting superhero books for 40 years, I got into Warren horror books and was very uninformed about them, and I allowed the experts in this genre to teach me. I still feel noobish even after 7 or so years of collecting them. 

What I'm getting at is just read and learn from board members here , that's all.

Plenty of good info here both in direct conversation and constructive criticism, I appreciate all of it. I put out a thread early on about raw vs cgc and got mocked I quickly realised in certain aspects comic collecting is an old boys club, and it's a club I desire to be apart of and support. I support all of your opinions some of them I respect ,others disregard. Before I posted this thread I asked what comics I should buy at the show, and I was mocked. 

That dealer at the show was burning people,ripping them off, if I was outside the showdown g the same thing I would be labelled a thief, why does being ane perienced dealer make it okay.

I noticed that some dealers take advantage of ignorance and innocence, it's a business, this dealer even acknowledged that he was ripping people off or he wouldnt have reacted in the manner he did.

8 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

...I quickly realised in certain aspects comic collecting is an old boys club, and it's a club I desire to be apart of and support...

This just isn't true... I started collecting about 18 months ago and not one member has given me this impression (and I've had plenty of disagreements along the way). What you're actually experiencing is being hammered by a plethora of experienced individuals. I'm a relative rookie and even I know not to do what you've been doing. You're being taught manners of the hobby - not being pushed away or excluded by/from some "old boys club".

Take the collective advice about reading before posting. That's why you've come to this incorrect conclusion. You're getting an overwhelming amount of criticism because you're acting prior to thinking.

I dont feel hammered.

I appreciate,both constructive criticism when I am out of line as well as positive feedback when I have done something right, I am an infant when it comes to collecting and like any infant that's how you learn. If I feel I am being harshly judged than I will respond accordingly.

Thanks guys

I just wanted to chat about the comics I got. And I want to build a respectable and strong collection.🍻

7 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Here's the problem with generically asking "what should I buy?" -- every experienced collector is going to immediately mark you as just another speculator trying to make a quick buck.  And yes, that will elicit a lot of snide responses because that isn't what the majority of us are here for, nor are we going to do market research for you.  Now, a question like "what are some good Spider-Man/X-Men/Wolverine stories that I should be on the lookout for this weekend?" will definitely get you places. 

Why would anyone label you a "thief" for putting a premium on your books on a site like eBay?  People do it all the time.

You're really going over the top on this.  Just because dude was asking $250 on X-Force 11 doesn't mean he's trying to defraud someone.  Its a comic book, not a bundle of junk mortgage backed securities falsely rated as AAA.  What you see is what you get, and what you pay is what you think its worth.  If an inexperienced speculator shows up and pays sticker price, lesson learned for Mr. Speculator.

But odds are also good he's never going to sell it at that price based on the current market.  If he's too inflexible in his ways and shuns negotiation, then the market is going to punish him in the end when he's stuck with a bunch of overpriced inventory. 

Totally agreed with everything you said.

I do not know how I missed this thread. I really would like boardies to start tagging all sorts of things like this thread to my attention. It makes for excellent time spent during the week when I commute to work on the train. 

All you have to do is put down a "@buzzetta"