• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Haul
1 1

283 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I grow weary of this. 

If you cannot stand me, than why respond to my posts, who is controlling who. And dr Jekyll mr hyde,seems a little ridiculous 

Regardless of my personality. I just wanted to find a site where I could talk comics and learn the industry, if you wanted to run me off because you didnt agree with the way I conducted myself, than just ignore me, dont respond to my posts 300 times

Whoa......whoa.......WHOA!!!

Let me see if I can help diffuse this situation.

First off.....I just wanted to say that it's a well known and accepted fact that I'm the smartest member in here as well as the most knowledgeable collector.

And...well...I guess that's all I really wanted to say.  Thanks for listening.

8 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

@Hollywood1892

And just to expand a little on what @Dave2739 has posted, you’re bragging on books many members here on the boards have owned since they picked them up of the newsstand 

example here is the first book I ever purchased as a kid, yes I still own it. (Plus a couple more) 

73F4436B-D5E2-4367-BE2B-650D2F8D25E5.jpeg.1879fd9fc3796965680fe80dd97ce6c3.jpeg

Well, thats no big deal here either..There are many much wiser members on this board than myself with way deeper knowledge, passion and collections than I could ever dream of having.

Relax a bit, and enjoy the knowledge of these members, instead of bragging about what common issues you own, and let the members come to appreciate your collection on their own terms  

Best of luck, and congratulations on your pick ups (thumbsu

(Post them in the “This week in your collection” thread) we’d be happy to see them there  

That is a helluva first book to ever read! ^^

11 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

@Hollywood1892

And just to expand a little on what @Dave2739 has posted, you’re bragging on books many members here on the boards have owned since they picked them up of the newsstand 

example here is the first book I ever purchased as a kid, yes I still own it. (Plus a couple more) 

73F4436B-D5E2-4367-BE2B-650D2F8D25E5.jpeg.1879fd9fc3796965680fe80dd97ce6c3.jpeg

Well, thats no big deal here either..There are many much wiser members on this board than myself with way deeper knowledge, passion and collections than I could ever dream of having.

Relax a bit, and enjoy the knowledge of these members, instead of bragging about what common issues you own, and let the members come to appreciate your collection on their own terms  

Best of luck, and congratulations on your pick ups (thumbsu

(Post them in the “This week in your collection” thread) we’d be happy to see them there  

Punisher was my favourite superhero growing up, I dont think I will ever have the money to get asm 129 or hulk 181

I have punisher 1 and wolverine 1

And I want a big collection with a wide variety though if I could only have 5 comic books it would be

Asm 129

Hulk 181

Asm 361

New mutants 98

Batman 1

18 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Punisher was my favourite superhero growing up, I dont think I will ever have the money to get asm 129 or hulk 181

I have punisher 1 and wolverine 1

And I want a big collection with a wide variety though if I could only have 5 comic books it would be

Asm 129

Hulk 181

Asm 361

New mutants 98

Batman 1

Don't be so sure on ASM 129.  Depending on your preference, low to mid grade copies can still be had for under $1000.  While Hulk 181 will take some doing, there was a time several years back where I thought I might never own one either.  And I've probably had a dozen pass through my possession since then.  The future can bring good tidings.

As for Batman 1...yeah, we're ALL screwed on that one.

I don't remember the details quite as clearly as @nepatkm, but my first funnybook was Incredible Hulk 249. My grandma took me and my big brother to 7-11 and let us pick out some comics. We both ended up with the same comic, so I wrote my name in ink at the very top of the splash page in the white space. I still have that comic.
I then ended up discovering that I could actually read the stories in a comic called Spidey Super Stories because the Easy Reader (from the Electric Company) told me it was easy to read (it was!). That was the first series that I actively collected until I finished the run. I still have those too.

Hey @Hollywood1892

and bitcoin guy, what connects you fellas to this hobby we love so much?

9 minutes ago, Dave2739 said:

I don't remember the details quite as clearly as @nepatkm, but my first funnybook was Incredible Hulk 249. My grandma took me and my big brother to 7-11 and let us pick out some comics. We both ended up with the same comic, so I wrote my name in ink at the very top of the splash page in the white space. I still have that comic.
I then ended up discovering that I could actually read the stories in a comic called Spidey Super Stories because the Easy Reader (from the Electric Company) told me it was easy to read (it was!). That was the first series that I actively collected until I finished the run. I still have those too.

Hey @Hollywood1892

and bitcoin guy, what connects you fellas to this hobby we love so much?

I'm not sure I can speak for bitcoin. I used to collect comics as a kid too, and the cards, I also collected sports cards, but now I've gotten back into it and I enjoy it.

Thanks for the support, I know my personality can be a little abrasive, but with a bit of patience I bet we can learn a lot about each other

1 hour ago, tv horror said:

Not really! I just love comics not their worth.<3 

The value, great value, is in reading some brilliantly-inventive stories with inspired artwork and involving characters.

Then again, I am a total comics nerd.

I’m now satisfied with having the easiest access to all this, digitally, rather than engaging in frenetic, boiler room speculation.

2 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I'm not sure I can speak for bitcoin. I used to collect comics as a kid too, and the cards, I also collected sports cards, but now I've gotten back into it and I enjoy it.

Thanks for the support, I know my personality can be a little abrasive, but with a bit of patience I bet we can learn a lot about each other

That’s cool

I’m glad you are not just in it for the spec

2 minutes ago, kav said:

We all got quarters and went to an old fashioned store to buy candy.  Back then candy was behind glass and you told em what you wanted.  I happened to see the rack of comics and went over.  Mesmerized, I selected Action #350 and Adventure #356.  I had one cent left over for red licorice.  They were pretty big back then.  I read the Action under a tree and the Adventure as we left Jimboy's tacos.  

That's amazing 😉