• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Haul
1 1

283 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, tv horror said:

I'm an Irishman who does not drink nor smoke and just turned 60 last week, when I was about 6 years old I was so fascinated with the bit of cigarette paper stuck to my fathers bottom lip. So one day I asked my father what it was like to smoke, as it seemed so cool, he told me to place the cigarette in my mouth and take in all the smoke at once! Needless to say I threw up and turned a light shade of green, however I never put another cigarette near my mouth again. Thank you Dad.:foryou:

that's one way to stop!lol

1 hour ago, Dave2739 said:

Yep this is later and would be considered SIlver Age. This came out in the early 60s  (on sale date: May 29, 1963). That other Detective I posted with a flying Batcave came out approximately 11 years earlier, but I still would not consider that Golden Age.

i would because if you are looking for that issue on eBay in the Silver age section it is unlikely to be listed ...

Silver age is 1956-69 on eBay and that is where it counts the most 2c

16 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

i would because if you are looking for that issue on eBay in the Silver age section it is unlikely to be listed ...

Silver age is 1956-69 on eBay and that is where it counts the most 2c

I appreciate the input but I stand by my statement. My opinion is that book is not GA regardless of what eBay's opinion is. Post GA? Sure. Atom Age? Okay. But a book that came out in the 1950s ain't GA in my opinion. Anyway, let's back to talking about real comics like New Mutants 98 or Amazing Spider-Man 361 ;)

1 minute ago, Dave2739 said:

I appreciate the input but I stand by my statement. My opinion is that book is not GA regardless of what eBay's opinion is. Post GA? Sure. Atom Age? Okay. But a book that came out in the 1950s ain't GA in my opinion. Anyway, let's back to talking about real comics like New Mutants 98 or Amazing Spider-Man 361 ;)

Agreed.  My ASM 361 is better than @BITCOINSWAMI's ASM 361.  :banana:

36 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Hope I don't get too much kavination I'll get the jitters. 

Hedoesfolksthenhestartstalkingreallyfast-

2 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

DUPONT LIKES TO FEEL LIKE DUPONT IS WINNING IN GENERAL

DUPONT - IS FEELING PRETTY GOOD ABOUT LIFE

DUPONT doesnt like misunderstandings.  Misunderstandings and DUPONT......KINDA CLASH.

31 minutes ago, comics4all said:

This is the most hilarious crossover thread!

Yes its like superman vs the amazing spiderman

29 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Capwouldlikethiscausecapiscoolalmostascoolastheswami

I did find this pic of the Swami:

Loki Thor 175 Kirby.JPG