• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Great Lakes Comic Convention - Feb 22-23 2019 - College Expo Center Warren MI
1 1

23 posts in this topic

This is an awesome 2 day show that I highly recommend to anyone in Michigan, Ohio, or just across the pond in Canada.  Fantastic buying show IMO and while there are celebrity guests and CosPlayers, this has the feel closer to an old school show where books are the focus.  @catrick339 and @Nick's Comics will be setup there and possibly a few other boardies as well.  I know I ran into a few guys from the community there last year.

http://www.greatlakescomicconvention.com/

From the official site:

THE
GREAT LAKES
COMIC CONVENTION!

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2019
5PM TO 9PM
AND
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2019
10AM TO 6PM
9:30AM
EARLY BIRD ADMISSION

THE MACOMB COMMUNITY COLLEGE EXPO CENTER
WARREN, MI

Edited by SkOw

Unfortunately Jim Starlin and Kyle Hotz both had to cancel, and Mean Gene Okerlund from WWF announcing fame passed away so they are down 3 guests.  That said they still have an impressive lineup this year for a show of this size, and just added a few more.

Rich Henn will be on site again this year!  Rich helped me get a signed copy of Keith Pollard's original Black Cat ASM 194 cover two years ago and I know he helped a few boardies with Steranko sigs last year.

henn-1000x1000.jpg

1 minute ago, Cliff R. said:

Thanks for the info, looks like a good show!  I'll try to go Saturday to check it out.  Hope the weather cooperates, that's 100 miles from me. (thumbsu

Forecast as of now looks clear but I will try to update if that changes.  It has been a brutal winter in Michigan for sure.