• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice on an ASM purchase

12 posts in this topic

So, assuming some of you are right and an ebay coupon pops up tomorrow, I have done some pre research on a possible purchase.  

Would you think ASM 122 7.5  $200, or ASM 194 8.5  $165 would be the better pickup?  I was hoping to find a similar priced ASM 39 4.0 or so for comparison, but no luck.  Thanks. 

12 minutes ago, Spidey 62 said:

So, assuming some of you are right and an ebay coupon pops up tomorrow, I have done some pre research on a possible purchase.  

Would you think ASM 122 7.5  $200, or ASM 194 8.5  $165 would be the better pickup?  I was hoping to find a similar priced ASM 39 4.0 or so for comparison, but no luck.  Thanks. 

122 more iconic.  

3 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Which character do you like more - Green Goblin or Black Cat?

As @kav said...122 is more iconic, as is the Goblin.  I do like the cover of 122 better, but I was comparing it to the higher grade 1st app of Black Cat. To answer your question...I like Goblin better. 

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I've always heard ASM 122 was incredibly common, although I don't know about in 7.5 grade; or, compared to ASM 194....or it in 8.5...

all bronze age are incredibly common even Hulk 181.

53 minutes ago, Spidey 62 said:

ASM 122 for sure

23 minutes ago, Spidey 62 said:

As @kav said...122 is more iconic, as is the Goblin.  I do like the cover of 122 better, but I was comparing it to the higher grade 1st app of Black Cat. To answer your question...I like Goblin better. 

I think you’ve answered your original question then.  (thumbsu

13 hours ago, Cliff R. said:

That's a tough one.  The 90 day average for the #194 is $191, so $165 would be a nice discount. The #122 price has been pretty much unchanged the last couple years, so my advice is to buy them both. :makepoint:

I know, but sometimes I find it hard to separate the money from my hand.

2 hours ago, FineCollector said:

Has all the modern Gwen nonsense done anything for 121-122?  I agree that prices seem flat, the monkeys seem to be chasing the 194 a little harder.  I'd rather have the 122, but if you're going to turn around and sell it in 6 months, go with 194.

I am just trying to fill holes and the keys are what I need.  7417-monkey.png.296f03021cb397fae357648b37f63f9a.png

1 hour ago, RCheli said:

I would buy the #194. Higher grade, first appearance (vs. "last" appearance), more value potential.

As others have said, though, buying both isn't a bad thing.

I am leaning that way, but since there was no coupon, it's kinda moot.  I had a reasonable offer from the guy and a 20% off would have been sweet.