I miss the name change forum!
1 1

8 posts in this topic

30,323 posts

It seems with the new forum, when someone changes their name, there is no longer a public record of it.  Is that correct?  I guess that's one way to get off the lists.  I haven't noticed this yet but, can see that it will become a problem.  Can this be fixed?

10,469 posts
5 hours ago, comicdonna said:

It seems with the new forum, when someone changes their name, there is no longer a public record of it.  Is that correct? 

Yes, the 'Strike record and name changes' forum ceased to be updated when the boards changed to the current software. Hence Dog Like Sparkys immortalisation :p

5 hours ago, comicdonna said:

I guess that's one way to get off the lists.  I haven't noticed this yet but, can see that it will become a problem.  Can this be fixed?

When the new boards launched the name change function became self policing. Members could change their names themselves at will, but a record would show against their name in their profile. Example below:

Screenshot_20190218-073837_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c614695af1b994735338766d643dd2db.jpg

The little circular arrow to the right of the name brings up the change history, but only for new board time. 

Unfortunately the function stopped working some time back, probably when the 4.3 upgrade launched.

I changed my name three times in the last six months and back again (nothing sinister, just to Get Marwood & I Live etc) and it doesn't show. I've noticed it on others profiles too.

So as it stands, members are free to change their names and there will be no record of it. If you are concerned, e.g. regarding buying and selling activity, you will have to trawl their posting history for clues if you are suspicious.

I flagged this to the admin team recently and I don't think there is anything they can do about it.

30,323 posts

I think this needs to be changed soon.

30,323 posts

I just saw someone with over 25K posts, and I don't know who it is.

@Scott =)

592 posts

We have a fix for this, and we're working on getting it applied.

Hopefully it'll be ready in the next week or so.

Thanks for the heads up!

Scott

30,323 posts

Thank you Scott!  :applause:

592 posts

This is fixed!

From this point forward, name changes should appear via the link on the profile page (seen in the screenshot above)

30,323 posts
3 minutes ago, Scott =) said:

This is fixed!

From this point forward, name changes should appear via the link on the profile page (seen in the screenshot above)

Thank you Scott!  :smile: