• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED - Markentoth's Mix of Golden Age Goodness
16 16

778 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Markentoth said:

I do, but those are books I want to keep. I'm on the fence about posting raw books; I worry about over-grading or missing resto. I would refund later if there was an issue, so maybe I shouldn't worry so much...

Whenever in doubt just fully state the observed defects that keep you on the fence or don't show up well in pics/scans. You will do fine brother! No guts no glory!!! :headbang:

Edited by bounty_coder
guys = guts LOL!

12 minutes ago, Markentoth said:

I do, but those are books I want to keep. I'm on the fence about posting raw books; I worry about over-grading or missing resto. I would refund later if there was an issue, so maybe I shouldn't worry so much...

Dont worry about raw books if you miss something.....post some goodies in my group......William and I and many others im sure will be all over them....

6 minutes ago, Comcav said:

You think you'd WIN any of those if posted?   Dream on, my solar-powered friend.  ;)

well.....:$......I just bought 12 cases of redbull and I have 12 friends on 12 different computers ready to take as they are posted......so if he posts say 30 comics i might win 1-2 and you im sure will win the rest.......you freakin vampire.....:cry:

8 minutes ago, SOLAR BOY said:

well.....:$......I just bought 12 cases of redbull and I have 12 friends on 12 different computers ready to take as they are posted......so if he posts say 30 comics i might win 1-2 and you im sure will win the rest.......you freakin vampire.....:cry:

Hahaha, yeah, will work oh so well.  All 12 of you asking each other "take this, you want that?"  while the most efficient buying machine ever created wrecks house.   As they say, BRING IT ON!  ;)

The comic buying showdown of the century.. Solar Boy vs ComicCav  ... the showdown to rival the greatest fight of all time .. greater than the Thrilla in Manila. Greater than Superman vs Ali.  We should sell tickets...

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Or we can just hang out and watch this unfold.

:grin:

Superman-vs-Ali-Comic-Cover.jpg

1 hour ago, oceans11 said:

The comic buying showdown of the century.. Solar Boy vs ComicCav  ... the showdown to rival the greatest fight of all time .. greater than the Thrilla in Manila. Greater than Superman vs Ali.  We should sell tickets...

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Or we can just hang out and watch this unfold.

:grin:

Superman-vs-Ali-Comic-Cover.jpg

Is that an ALI autograph in the yellow portion?

54 minutes ago, ender said:

Is that an ALI autograph in the yellow portion?

I'm honestly not sure. I just stole the pic from online. Looks like it is, but I can't speak to if it's legit or not either.  Hadn't noticed it when grabbing the photo to post.

Edited by oceans11

On 2/18/2019 at 8:01 PM, Markentoth said:

Super-Mystery Comics #v5 #3

3.5 Cream to Off-white Pages + Restoration

Restoration Includes: Small amount of glue on the spine of cover.

I was really bummed when this came back restored. I think it can be easily removed, but I'm over it.

Price = $450

IMG_20190218_165445.thumb.jpg.93d37dd718649c42232d4e577c59824c.jpg

imageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4bIMG_20190218_165453.thumb.jpg.ee74feed731e729163c001e4f8df63cc.jpg

take per PM