• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does the artwork for the Amazing Spider-man annual 1 still exist?

5 posts in this topic

This comic is by far my all time favourite work by Steve Ditko and I would love to know if it is still out there. Dearly I would love a portfolio or Artist edition as it is a treasure to behold. I wonder will we ever see it published or maybe it was published (original artwork ) and I never knew in which case please reply as I would love to know.(worship) 

ASMAnn1 - Cover.jpg

I see no reason why it shouldn't exist as Marvel held onto the bulk of story artwork before stuff went walkies from their warehouse.  Seem to remember, years ago, Mike Burkey talking about being on the trail of looking to buy the complete book of interior art . . . or was it # 2 Annual?

12 hours ago, The Voord said:

Marvel held onto the bulk of story artwork

That's possible, I'm just guessing now but how did they reprint the British reprints or even the Essential line as they are not coloured. Do you think that they used old plates or did they just use black and white stats?   

1 hour ago, tv horror said:

That's possible, I'm just guessing now but how did they reprint the British reprints or even the Essential line as they are not coloured. Do you think that they used old plates or did they just use black and white stats?   

I'm not passionately interested enough in printing processes to answer your question . . . though I'm sure the info is out there.

Always liked Ditko's ASM Annual # 1 cover and had Bruce McCorkindale recreate it for me a few years ago.

BjK7JGzc_0211161949111gpadd.jpg

38 minutes ago, The Voord said:

I'm not passionately interested enough in printing processes to answer your question . . . though I'm sure the info is out there.

Always liked Ditko's ASM Annual # 1 cover and had Bruce McCorkindale recreate it for me a few years ago.

BjK7JGzc_0211161949111gpadd.jpg

Very nice, would you mind if I made a copy for myself.:foryou: