• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would a press improve the grade?

8 posts in this topic

It looks like this book has only one staple. I would be really careful about this book pressed trying to adjust the spine roll.  If the spine gets detached, you your new and improved grade will be a 2.0 .  Just recently someone was complaining that his GA book got detached at the staple, he was very upset. The recomendation is to be careful with GA books.   

For this bad of a spine roll wouldn’t the presser remove the staple, then realign the pages and press, and finally reinsert the staple?

This way there is no fear of popping the staple thru the paper. I don’t see how that could be detected if the original staple holes are used.

2 hours ago, faster friends said:

For this bad of a spine roll wouldn’t the presser remove the staple, then realign the pages and press, and finally reinsert the staple?

This way there is no fear of popping the staple thru the paper. I don’t see how that could be detected if the original staple holes are used.

This is a good suggestion, however, I'm just not sure a typical presser will take the time to dismantle the book. Otherwise, I like this idea.