• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cap 1 vs MF 73
1 1

42 posts in this topic

Also, correct me if I'm wrong...but Aquaman has significantly better name-recognition than Captain America among kids/people watching TV in the late 60's til mid-80's.  Although yes, Cap was superior in the comics in the Golden Age.  The point of this thread is to analyze everything.

3 hours ago, JM2 said:

Also, correct me if I'm wrong...but Aquaman has significantly better name-recognition than Captain America among kids/people watching TV in the late 60's til mid-80's.  Although yes, Cap was superior in the comics in the Golden Age.  The point of this thread is to analyze everything.

I would disagree. Cap had his own cartoon in the 60’s ( with a kickass theme song ) and I. The 70’s when Aquaman was a name via The Superfreubds  Cap was still riding high and I’d venture to say merchandising was equal.  Then once 1990 rolled around Cap had his own prime time live action show. No comparison in my opinion. Cap 1 is the bigger book and imo arguably Possibly the greatest Marvel book