• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone tried this type of storage for comics.

16 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried these for comic book storage? https://www.wayfair.com/home/pdp/storex-plastic-archive-storage-box-letterlegal-usm1218.html?piid=

I have been trying to find solutions for storing my collection and have kind of put collecting on hold all but a few comics here and there. I live in the country so it is hard to find used filing cabinets and the logistics and expense of buying a new one is a little overwhelming so I have been looking at different storage options for my comics. So, has anyone used this for comic storage? What are the pros and cons of this storage solution.

$31.99 for one???  :whatthe:

Just curious...

If your books are in Mylites with an Acid Free Board and are being stored indoors in a controlled environment (constant temp, not an attic, basement or garage), away from moisture, light and heat sources why not standard comic storage boxes?   (shrug)

Edited by marvelmaniac

2 hours ago, marvelmaniac said:

$31.99 for one???  :whatthe:

Just curious...

If your books are in Mylites with an Acid Free Board and are being stored indoors in a controlled environment (constant temp, not an attic, basement or garage), away from moisture, light and heat sources why not standard comic storage boxes?   (shrug)

My books are not in mylites yet. I am in the process of buying and rebagging and boarding my collection now that I have a little extra money to do so but it will take time. I am just looking at good long term storage options for my collection. I personally have not had good luck with standard long boxes. I got most of them from a few lgs back in the day and they just do not seem to hold up well. Also, I am looking for an option that makes the collection easily accessible. I am in a wheelchair and to have to deal with constantly lifting heavy boxes to get to my collection that is not ideal for me and is the same problem I have now. Not to mention, and I do not know why, the boxes I bought from my lcs just did not seem to hold up well. I did not get them damp, overfill them or anything like that but for some reason they did not hols up. I had to replace about half of them when I moved because they just did not hold up so I started looking for a better option. I am still thinking about getting filing cabinets but used ones are hard to find within 50 miles ish of where I live and the logistics of shipping even a new one along with having it brought into the house would in most cases cost me more then the cabinet itself so I was toying with cheaper options that I did not even have to buy all at once that I could add to overtime as I expand my collection. Any advice you could give would be great.

21 hours ago, Lord_Knikon said:

Has anyone tried these for comic book storage? https://www.wayfair.com/home/pdp/storex-plastic-archive-storage-box-letterlegal-usm1218.html?piid=

I have been trying to find solutions for storing my collection and have kind of put collecting on hold all but a few comics here and there. I live in the country so it is hard to find used filing cabinets and the logistics and expense of buying a new one is a little overwhelming so I have been looking at different storage options for my comics. So, has anyone used this for comic storage? What are the pros and cons of this storage solution.

I clicked on that website to see what the box looked like.

The instant the site loaded a pop-up advert came up which I instantly closed. Then as soon as the popup closed some search box came up with suggested searches for the site. I closed it and I will never go back.

16 minutes ago, Lord_Knikon said:

I am still thinking about getting filing cabinets but used ones are hard to find

I was able to get a large 5-drawer lateral file cabinet on ebay for cheap, look for government office surplus, get them before the refurbishing companies buy them up. Got something like this for $11, saved a lot of money but had no idea just how heavy they were, warehouse loaded it with a forklift. If you can get some help moving the cabinet, I'd say they are pretty good for storage. 

s-l1600.jpg.82f69f599a6174a0d7e756618f676ce5.jpg

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

The instant the site loaded a pop-up advert came up which I instantly closed. Then as soon as the popup closed some search box came up with suggested searches for the site. I closed it and I will never go back.

I am sorry. I just tried the link and it loaded the page for me so I do not know.

1 hour ago, Jimbo749 said:

I was able to get a large 5-drawer lateral file cabinet on ebay for cheap, look for government office surplus, get them before the refurbishing companies buy them up. Got something like this for $11, saved a lot of money but had no idea just how heavy they were, warehouse loaded it with a forklift. If you can get some help moving the cabinet, I'd say they are pretty good for storage. 

s-l1600.jpg.82f69f599a6174a0d7e756618f676ce5.jpg

Would love to find a used one. Actually what I started looking for but can not find one where I live. 

21 hours ago, Lord_Knikon said:

My books are not in mylites yet. I am in the process of buying and rebagging and boarding my collection now that I have a little extra money to do so but it will take time. I am just looking at good long term storage options for my collection. I personally have not had good luck with standard long boxes. I got most of them from a few lgs back in the day and they just do not seem to hold up well. Also, I am looking for an option that makes the collection easily accessible. I am in a wheelchair and to have to deal with constantly lifting heavy boxes to get to my collection that is not ideal for me and is the same problem I have now. Not to mention, and I do not know why, the boxes I bought from my lcs just did not seem to hold up well. I did not get them damp, overfill them or anything like that but for some reason they did not hols up. I had to replace about half of them when I moved because they just did not hold up so I started looking for a better option. I am still thinking about getting filing cabinets but used ones are hard to find within 50 miles ish of where I live and the logistics of shipping even a new one along with having it brought into the house would in most cases cost me more then the cabinet itself so I was toying with cheaper options that I did not even have to buy all at once that I could add to overtime as I expand my collection. Any advice you could give would be great.

My books have been in the same boxes for 20 years or more with no issues including a recent move.

I have no other advice or suggestions other than do what is right for you.

21 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I no longer have any of those issues.

You need...ALL FREE!!!

https://adblockplus.org/

and just incase...

https://www.techsupportall.com/adware-removal-tool/

1 minute ago, marvelmaniac said:

My books have been in the same boxes for 20 years or more with no issues including a recent move.

I have no other advice or suggestions other than do what is right for you.

I no longer have any of those issues.

You need...ALL FREE!!!

https://adblockplus.org/

and just incase...

https://www.techsupportall.com/adware-removal-tool/

yeah but I checked it from work. Can't install 3rd party programs.

Best thing is I shouldn't click any links while I am at work, and better yet perhaps not be browsing comic book forums using my work internet.

Hey I was on lunch, but still....

1 minute ago, Artboy99 said:

Best thing is I shouldn't click any links while I am at work, and better yet perhaps not be browsing comic book forums using my work internet.

Not to get off subject, when I worked for Autozone they blocked most sites that were not used for dealing with Automotive Parts.

9 minutes ago, marvelmaniac said:

Not to get off subject, when I worked for Autozone they blocked most sites that were not used for dealing with Automotive Parts.

my job requires being able to verify employment information such as address and phone numbers using the internet.

3 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I am sorry! I did not ever get any popups when I clicked the link but then again I have a lot of adware protection on my pc. It usually comes up and tells me if it had to block anything though and it didn't for that site. Sorry