• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Doctor

2 posts in this topic

I'm very new to the world of comic books. I went to a local comic book store and found this cover of a first edition 2015 series Doctor Strange cover. After I bought I tried looking it up to see if there was anything like it because I was just browsing and saw nothing else like it. I couldn't find anything. Maybe I'm using the wrong keywords in my google search or this is a one of a kind. But for only $5? Once you open the cover it's the original artwork for edition 001 so I'm assuming it's just a cover but the staples are also very intentional. If you guys could help me out that we be awesome. Thanks. P.S. This is a scan I took with my printer.

1545867643_ScreenShot2019-02-18at8_45_42PM.png.59f7750d44e4bc67fb150b8b95ca0664.png

It's actually a blank cover variant (found a few Doctor Strange 001 on eBay for about $8.00 plus shipping) that can be used for artist signatures or sketches.  Marvel does this a lot on certain issues.  I collect a lot of Marvel Star Wars and pretty much all the 001 issues on the different series titles have the blank variant.