• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WHAT is going on with Ajax/Farrell & Superior horror comics?

103 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, fifties said:

Their prices are going through the roof on eBay;

A lot of those are just getting started. Several of them will end at 3x to 4x the prices they are currently at. 

Anything remotely resembling a classic horror cover is on fire....except for some Atlas stuff. Still a few deals to be found there, but not many. 

2 hours ago, october said:

Still a few deals to be found there, but not many.  

Good thing we've managed to keep this secret.  Would hate for it get out where billions of people could read it.

I've never found these titles to be cheap. Interest has been rising for some time. Some of the stories/interior artwork and splashes on these books is great. Up there with EC in some cases IMO. Farrells are highly desirable as are a large proportion of Superiors. At least I've always thought so. 2c

1 hour ago, DavidTheDavid said:

imho so many of these have just god awful cover and interior art.

When it comes to horror, I like the art to be just as strange dirty confounding unpredictable and brutal as the genre. If the artwork makes the artists seem insane, all the better- I think Matt Fox, Hollingsworth and LB Cole and many of the Eiger folks qualify.  If it’s too well drawn I’m not interested- which is why I don’t collect EC, the art is absolutely great, but the artists are obviously technically trained and at the top of their game (I also don’t care for books with “hosts” on the cover, it diminishes the books immediate impact, too much info, and just kinda corny imo). I could write a whole chapter on this stuff. I’d like to hear other collectors opinions. 

Edited by Black Bat