• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WHAT is going on with Ajax/Farrell & Superior horror comics?

103 posts in this topic

On 3/21/2019 at 4:50 PM, Robot Man said:

That Fantastic Fears wedding cover is always a favorite of mine. I much prefer the Farrell covers over the Superior covers. Just “a look” to them.

Farrell covers all do have that certain something; but many of the Superior covers are just as good (not to say all are.) I like 'em both, and the wedding cover IS amazing!

On 3/21/2019 at 9:50 PM, Robot Man said:

That Fantastic Fears wedding cover is always a favorite of mine. I much prefer the Farrell covers over the Superior covers. Just “a look” to them.

I agree on both counts. There are of course some corking Superior covers, the problem for me is that invariably with Superior books  the PQ is markedly 'inferior' which definitely detracts from the overall look of the cover IMO. 

Or to put it another way.....

https://youtu.be/OFs5l9K--7M   

Edited by G G

As a side note, while I don’t own any of these horror books I did pick-up a small group of Superior (and one Ajax) romance books from Harley and Bedrock at WonderCon this weekend.

The Iger Shop interiors are very good, better than I expected. The books were tough to locate, none higher than mid-grade, and all were priced at multiples of Guide (where they are listed cheap cheap). 

Great, just what I needed is another addiction!

11 hours ago, sacentaur said:

As a side note, while I don’t own any of these horror books I did pick-up a small group of Superior (and one Ajax) romance books from Harley and Bedrock at WonderCon this weekend.

The Iger Shop interiors are very good, better than I expected. The books were tough to locate, none higher than mid-grade, and all were priced at multiples of Guide (where they are listed cheap cheap). 

Great, just what I needed is another addiction!

Stick to crack, it's cheaper. :insane:

14 hours ago, Black Bat said:

Gotta double post here cause its so damn cool- got my SM #20 today, completing a Superior run!  On to the Farrells!!

IMG_4898.JPG

IMG_4896.JPG

Congrats Bat! Welcome to the club! Not an easy task these days. I’m now in the slow process of upgrading a few of mine from these two publishers. Costing me a lot more scratch this time...

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Congrats Bat! Welcome to the club! Not an easy task these days. I’m now in the slow process of upgrading a few of mine from these two publishers. Costing me a lot more scratch this time...

Thanks!  Yeah let the upgrading begin.  There's a few 1.5s in in my group, funny how good they still look in mylar!