• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Present and Future Value of Pure Gold and Silver Comic Cover Replicas

33 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

i know :ohnoez: can you imagine paying 3k for a brand new penny with no perceptible difference than one you would receive in change ...

I wish people would just STOP

11 minutes ago, kav said:

WHY??????????????????????????????

Kav i am running a special ... just for you !! a WHOLE ROLL Of... 2018D pennies  50 brand spanking new red cents normally retail for 3K each ,,, tonight only 

one roll for the low price of $49,000  (that is a savings of over 2k per coin) !! limited time only !!

2 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:
7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It'll cost a penny for your thoughts! 2c

If you have a 2 cent penny I will buy it from youuuuuu...

Dollah Dollah bills y'all 

8 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Kav i am running a special ... just for you !! a WHOLE ROLL Of... 2018D pennies  50 brand spanking new red cents normally retail for 3K each ,,, tonight only 

one roll for the low price of $49,000  (that is a savings of over 2k per coin) !! limited time only !!

R-really?  Dont play with me!

TBH, I was really interested in owning some of the pure silver replica covers for awhile. It'd be nice to have reproductions of the original Action 1, Detective 27, etc cover art (reprints have never used the exact same cover).

They're just too expensive for what you get, though. I ditched my want for those and I'm glad that I didn't buy any.

16 hours ago, dupont2005 said:

My grandma collected collectible porcelain dolls from the home shopping network. They sat in her multiple huge display cases my entire life. When she passed, well, years after she passed when grandpa was ready to part with them, we realized they were completely worthless. Couldn’t even sell them at a yard sale. He had to give them away. Most of the collection ended up at Goodwill because the collection was simply so huge all of grandmas kids and grandkids combined couldn’t split it up among themselves 

We had a similar situation when my uncle passed. My aunt asked for my help is selling off his "collection". He had a TON of those collectors plates from Danbury or Franklin or some such company. They were all still sitting in their original shipping cartons, never touched. We couldn't give the things away. Couldn't sell them on eBay, no antique shops wanted them, couldn't even get rid of them for 25 cents a piece at a yard sale. A friend of the family ended up taking them, which was great, because I was afraid they'd now be sitting in MY basement for decades on end.

The only thing that we were able to make money on were die-cast model cars. I can't recall if they were Danbury or who the manufacturer were, but they were a larger scale die-cast replicas on nice little bases. I'm not a car guy so I didn't know much about them, but those moved pretty quickly on eBay, so at least we got something out of it for my aunt.

He also had a vintage Pac-Man coin-op machine that I vividly recalled playing when I was a kid. We offered it to several coin-op collectors and kept getting lowball after lowball offer on it. It was in fairly rough shape, but it was still a vintage Pac-Man, complete and working, so I know it was worth more than the $100 we were being offered. You could sell the original joystick and marquee for more than that, alone. So, I told my aunt that if we were only going to be given lowballs, I'd offer more than any of those offers, so I could keep it in the family. She then gave it to me as a birthday present, and I spent a few months restoring it. Now it is nearly nice as new, and lives in my house, a nice reminder of time spent at my Uncle's house.

Anyway, I'm telling you all of this because these metal comics are dumb.