• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC mis-identified comic on label

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

So I have a CGC SS graded book, but on the yellow label they identified it a the variant with the wrong cover artist name.  With so many variants out there I 'd assume this happens occasionally.  Will this negatively impact the value of the book?  Will CGC correct the error on request?

1 hour ago, Danp said:

Hi everyone,

So I have a CGC SS graded book, but on the yellow label they identified it a the variant with the wrong cover artist name.  With so many variants out there I 'd assume this happens occasionally.  Will this negatively impact the value of the book?  Will CGC correct the error on request?

You're right---it does happen occasionally. And CGC will make it right if you contact them about it...

In general, if someone is wondering if CGC performs a service, it would probably be much faster to call/email CGC (who have actual employees that are paid to answer your questions) directly than to create an ID on an internet forum and solicit the OPINIONS of internet strangers who may or may night answer correctly or in a timely fashion.

7 minutes ago, revat said:

In general, if someone is wondering if CGC performs a service, it would probably be much faster to call/email CGC (who have actual employees that are paid to answer your questions) directly than to create an ID on an internet forum and solicit the OPINIONS of internet strangers who may or may night answer correctly or in a timely fashion.

This is too logical to be helpful.

16 hours ago, revat said:

It seems like this is the correct response to 75% of the topics created under this sub-forum...