• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blazing Comics #5

7 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Comic Books Unlimited said:

Hey there , is anyone familiar with Blazing Comics , #5 in particular that has inserts of other comics in them? I had a question from a friend that asked if the original cover of the inserted comic is in there as well? I'm not sure because its CGC certified and I will not break it open. 

This may help from the Grand Comics Database.

In addition to the regular issue indexed here (go to link below), different remaindered comics can be found behind this cover. Known remaindered comics used are: Animated Comics #1 (EC, [1946] series), Batman #34 (DC, 1940 series), Cloak and Dagger #1 (Ziff-Davis, 1952 series), Haunt of Fear #18 (EC, 1950 series), Modern Love #3 (EC, 1949 series), Superboy #23 (DC, 1949 series), Weird Science #13(=#2) (EC, 1950 series), and the never-distributed Feature Stories Magazine (Fox, 1950 series) #4 (The Iroquois Trail). The remaindered comics are 36 pages. Issue is copyrighted 1945 by Enwil Associates, Inc.

https://www.comics.org/issue/4231/

5 hours ago, Comic Books Unlimited said:

Hey there , is anyone familiar with Blazing Comics , #5 in particular that has inserts of other comics in them? I had a question from a friend that asked if the original cover of the inserted comic is in there as well? I'm not sure because its CGC certified and I will not break it open. 

No, the original cover is not included, just the remaindered contents; i.e., you have a Blazing Comics #5 cover with another comic's contents.

There's a cool copy of Blazing #5 on eBay with the interior to Detective Comics #168...not sure if it's worth anything near the asking price though:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Blazing-Comics-5-8-5-Graded-CGC-Detective-Comics-168-Origin-of-the-Joker/362549578481?hash=item5469a38af1:g:O3MAAOSwfo9a3lZU:rk:3:pf:1

I just came into possession of a Blazing Comics #5 and in researching the issue, am seeing a phenomenon that I'm not used to, that of remaindered comics in a common cover.  Does anyone know anything about the "never-distributed Feature Stories Magazine (Fox, 1950 series) #4 (The Iroquois Trail)" ?  That is the one that I have.  I think it would be cooler to have a GA Batman or Detective Comics.  Anyone know what is meant by never distributed, and is there a variant remainder version that is more desirable/valuable?  It's s solid grade, and possibly worth slabbing if the value is there.  I just don't see a lot of precedent for this book.  

IMG_3789.jpg

IMG_3788.jpg