• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Lost Valley Pedigree thread
1 1

68 posts in this topic

On 8/11/2022 at 1:42 PM, PDGray said:

Does anyone here have much on the back story of this pedigree?  I just picked up a Tip Top Comics to add to my collection.  I know what CGC has posted, but I would like to know more about the history.

Anyone got anything?

PDG

7B875CF6-AF1C-4EE4-BAC3-8075F9080738.jpeg

953F87AA-6CA3-4C1C-AC18-E25E94069121.jpeg

Yes, I remember calling Al immediately right after receiving my copy of the catlog in the mail and asked for the Lost Valley copy of Wings 90 which was a CGC 9.0 graded copy listed for only $475.  :takeit:

Needless to say, I was informed that he had already sold it and received tons of calls from other collectors on the Wings 90 asking for it.  :(  :frustrated:

Nice group of Fights. I REALLY wanted #35. Maybe my favorite FH book. I also wanted many of the #40’s issues, but all were gone. All I ended up with was the #33. Lots of tough to get early Feature Books and Four Colors. The super scarce Flash Gordon Pulp was there but $900. Was way to much for me at that time. 

1AB21442-6592-44B6-B40E-F9AD24284D67.jpeg

I bought mine at the SDCC when they introduced the collection. The booth was mobbed and everything high profile was snapped up quick. A full on feeding frenzy because CGC had just recognized the collection.

I have always lived by the “if life gives you lemons, you make lemon aid” theory. While the big fish were fighting over the obvious, I quietly took some books that were off most people’s radar like the Crown #4, Claire Voyant and a few other GGA titles that hadn’t grabbed a lot of steam at the time. I also grabbed a decent pile of strip reprints. Nice mostly mid grade to high grade issues with great covers. Nobody wanted them. 

It was fun to see so many unusual and super early books priced and available for sale. 

On 8/12/2022 at 3:23 PM, Robot Man said:

Nice group of Fights. I REALLY wanted #35. Maybe my favorite FH book. I also wanted many of the #40’s issues, but all were gone. All I ended up with was the #33. Lots of tough to get early Feature Books and Four Colors. The super scarce Flash Gordon Pulp was there but $900. Was way to much for me at that time. 

1AB21442-6592-44B6-B40E-F9AD24284D67.jpeg

Do you know what king comics 22 originally went foe?  Think I got it for 125.

On 8/12/2022 at 3:27 PM, Robot Man said:

Here are a bunch of pre-Superman DCs and a nice group of Planets which seemed a little aggressive at the time to cheap ‘ole me. :roflmao:

0A89E2A7-B736-4C39-97EC-D1716A986B19.jpeg

Thanks for sharing these pages! I don’t think I’ve seen these issues of New Adventure up for sale since.

Edited by IngelsFan