• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Lost Valley Pedigree thread
1 1

68 posts in this topic

On 8/14/2022 at 1:25 PM, RareHighGrade said:

Is your copy from the penciled "S" collection?

Since you seem to be so knowledgeable about this early pre-hero DC penciled "S" collection, would you also happen to know much about the "grease penciled S" collection for some of the early Fox books like Mystery Men and Wonderworld?  hm

Edited by lou_fine

On 8/14/2022 at 4:07 PM, aardvark88 said:

I was at SDCC 2003 when this raw collection debuted. King Comics # 1 was g- per the Errata insert sheet for catalog.

Now, a Good- copy of King Comics #1 for $750 makes a lot more sense than a top of guide VF condition copy for only $750.  (thumbsu

On 8/16/2022 at 9:32 AM, PDGray said:

Just got this in yesterday.

Does anyone have the original listing in that catalog??  I would love to see that just as a point of reference.

Tip Top 62 was graded as a raw Good+ copy and listed for only $70, so it would appear you did alright if you brought it raw.  :applause:

Especially since that's a pretty substantial difference in terms of their G+ or 2.5 raw grade as compared to the CGC 5.5 grade that it got in the end.  :whatthe:

Edited by lou_fine

On 8/16/2022 at 2:54 PM, lou_fine said:

Tip Top 62 was graded as a raw Good+ copy and listed for only $70, so it would appear you did alright if you brought it raw.  :applause:

Especially since that's a pretty substantial difference in terms of their G+ or 2.5 raw grade as compared to the CGC 5.5 grade that it got in the end.  :whatthe:

Thank you for the information!  This is great!

Actually, I bought it graded.  No idea if was pressed or not, but I didn't pay much more than that original $70 for it.  I figure the grading costs alone were worth what I bought it for.  I like looking for and finding deals on pedigree books - so I kind of feel like this was a steal!

PDG

Edited by PDGray

On 8/16/2022 at 2:00 PM, PDGray said:

Actually, I bought it graded.  No idea if was pressed or not, but I didn't pay much more than that original $70 for it.  I figure the grading costs alone were worth what I bought it for.  I like looking for and finding deals on pedigree books - so I kind of feel like this was a steal!

A definite steal if you was able to acquire a graded pedigree book for less than condition guide value.  :applause:

Especially since you have to factor in the cost for grading along with any other ancillary services.  This book here would definitely go counter to the argument made by many that the Overstreet valuations tend to be understated as they are always so far behind the curve.  hm  (shrug)