• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Cape Cod Pedigree thread

22 posts in this topic

On 2/20/2019 at 9:18 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

I believe that this is a Cape Cod book; I think some of them have aD rather than ND.

2304161506131.jpg

Would this happen to be your own personal copy here?  hm

If so, you would definitely be in the money as this particular book in this kind of grade would be singing a nice tune on the cash register in today's marketplace.  :flipbait:

9 hours ago, lou_fine said:

If so, you would definitely be in the money as this particular book in this kind of grade would be singing a nice tune on the cash register in today's marketplace.  :flipbait:

It is my personal copy, but I don't intend to sell it. (I rarely sell any books.)

3 hours ago, jimbo_7071 said:
12 hours ago, lou_fine said:

It is my personal copy, but I don't intend to sell it. (I rarely sell any books.)

+1

I totally get that as I am also a long term collector myself, and as such, have had most of my GA books held since I first purchased them way back in the late 80's and early to mid 90's.  (thumbsu

Only wished I had been wise enough to have brought them even earlier when they were both cheaper and possibly more readily available, instead of buying what are now virtually worthless books off the shelves of the LCS's at the time.  doh!

Edited by lou_fine

On 11/20/2021 at 11:15 AM, Richard Semowich said:

I just noticed this site and would like to confirm the Seven Seas 4 is a Cape Cod book. I'm the one who bought the Cape Cod Collection and recently found my complete list of the titles and issues when I purchased this collection, which was previously misplaced for years. The Seven Seas 4 is there. The My Date 3 and 4 is there also.

Thanks for the information! I wonder whether CGC will eventually recognize the Cape Cod collection considering that they recently acknowledged the Eldon and Harold Curtis collections.

I just noticed this site and would like to confirm the Seven Seas 4 is a Cape Cod book. I'm the one who bought the Cape Cod Collection and recently found my complete list of the titles and issues when I purchased this collection, which was previously misplaced for years. The Seven Seas 4 is there. The My Date 3 and 4 is there also.

Would you be willing to share the list with the Boards?  I'm sure others would appreciate the opportunity to validate their books. 

Welcome to the Boards! :foryou:

On 11/20/2021 at 8:15 AM, Richard Semowich said:

Thanks for the clarification. I remember when this collection came to market and bough a bunch of them. Would love to hear the back story.

And welcome to the boards. We need more “old timers” here. 

On 11/20/2021 at 9:15 AM, Richard Semowich said:

There's a name I haven't heard in over 20 years.  Welcome to the boards Richard!

Welcome to the forum!

Bought lots of stuff from you in the 1970s (maybe) and 1980s :)