• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moving My Collection
2 2

55 posts in this topic

On 8/12/2019 at 10:27 AM, oakman29 said:

I hope to never have to do this.:facepalm:

Yeah-- you have a pretty decent sized collection, right?

When I moved from Florida to Arizona 5 year ago, I packed everything from my house into a 26 foot long Penske rental truck. But my collection at the time was only about 1500 books and I made use of my bookshelves I was moving to give them a nice place in the middle of the truck to stay safe.

I plan on never getting more than 2000 books and that should allow me to move the books in my personal vehicle if needed. I have considered the idea of trimming my collection to about 1000 book though. It is hard to do though because seeing some of them on various threads here reminds me that even the lesser books have a bit of value to me.

1 hour ago, 01TheDude said:

Yeah-- you have a pretty decent sized collection, right?

When I moved from Florida to Arizona 5 year ago, I packed everything from my house into a 26 foot long Penske rental truck. But my collection at the time was only about 1500 books and I made use of my bookshelves I was moving to give them a nice place in the middle of the truck to stay safe.

I plan on never getting more than 2000 books and that should allow me to move the books in my personal vehicle if needed. I have considered the idea of trimming my collection to about 1000 book though. It is hard to do though because seeing some of them on various threads here reminds me that even the lesser books have a bit of value to me.

Yeah decent size is a good word for my collection. 

That's an impressive collection you have there, this is the biggest that I've even seen. If I were you I would hire a moving company, because the last time when I wanted to move something, I couldn't even fit sofa into the door, so I realized that this job is not for me, and that I need some help. But you can obviously do that on your own, but this is not the easiest way, so you decide. I am sure that you will solve your problem, and will find a way to move your collection. Good luck my friend.

Edited by Divetra

On 3/1/2021 at 12:46 PM, Divetra said:

That's an impressive collection you have there, this is the biggest that I've even seen. If I were you I would hire a moving company, because the last time when I wanted to move something, I couldn't even fit sofa into the door, so I realized that this job is not for me, and that I need some help. But you can obviously do that on your own, but this is not the easiest way, so you decide. I am sure that you will solve your problem, and will find a way to move your collection. Good luck my friend.

If everybody on the board pick up two of his comics the problem would be solved,and everybody would have been paid....:takeit:

0f3e468f319e70ec6a3432825e09d9f4.jpg

But I'm glad you're taking the time to properly sort and label your collection, especially since you're going through everything again. It must be cool to stumble upon old gems like Ms. Marvel 17 and X-men 125, even if some, like Red Hulk, are better left in the past. Moving long distances is no joke, so it's great that you're considering professional help. Have you heard of Door-to-Door Mover? They're a professional moving company in Jacksonville, and their website, doortodoormover.com, might be worth checking out. Best of luck with your move and your collection!

Edited by Mixoponop

Moving can be such a pain, especially when you have a big collection to transport. It's great to hear that you're taking the time to properly sort and label your boxes before the move. That way, you'll know exactly where everything is when you arrive at your new home in San Antonio.
If you're looking for some help with the move, consider using a professional moving company like getmanandvan.co.uk. They could help make the process a lot smoother and take some of the stress off your shoulders. Good luck with the move!

Edited by valentinoluca