1970 Scooby Doo #1 Cgc 9.4 paying $11,000!
3 3

48 posts in this topic

1,339 posts

I am looking to purchase a Gold Key 1970 Scooby Doo #1 Cgc 9.4 Universal Copy

Will pay $10,000  $10,500  $11,000 for a copy!

Edited by cbcnow

22,951 posts
17 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

why?

cause he has a customer willing to pay more (shrug)

Edited by Gotham Kid

573 posts
7 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

cause he has a customer willing to pay more (shrug)

RUH ROH RAGGY! That's a lot of Scooby snacks for that book! 

Edited by comics4all

1,339 posts
6 hours ago, Action252Kid said:

Awesome book, good luck with your search!

Thank you Action252Kid! I appreciate that! (thumbsu

42,055 posts
16 hours ago, cbcnow said:

I am looking to purchase a Gold Key 1970 Scooby Doo #1 Cgc 9.4 Universal Copy

Will pay $10,000 for a copy 

How about $1500 for a 9.4 Charlton #1?

Just kidding - good luck on the search. 

I looked for one for 35 years and the best I found was a 5.5 

6,360 posts

I can see why.  All last ten copies in all grades were sold in last 6 months.

1785765811_ScreenShot2019-02-20at1_09_24PM.thumb.png.4be6da01d3c9ba4a412caf38e905824b.png

Surprisingly not many books on the census...

1051308259_ScreenShot2019-02-20at1_11_14PM.png.b5095284d6397f0759b91b6675a7d03a.png

Last summer, I found Scooby Doo #1 (Gold Key) at the antique mall. I offered it for $50. It was sold quickly. Eventually I called my dealer about it and he immediately offered me $325 for VG copy.

All #1 copies in any grade in MCS were sold out instantly. One left at 7.0 is currently on eBay except two in crabby condition. I see why again! 

792 posts
20 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

cause he has a customer willing to pay more ?

i just had no clue that such a book, from such a terrible show which i watched religiously as a kid, was so sought after. i almost thought your post was a joke! apologies and good luck--

1,339 posts
8 hours ago, seanfingh said:

How about $1500 for a 9.4 Charlton #1?

Just kidding - good luck on the search. 

I looked for one for 35 years and the best I found was a 5.5 

Thank you! I do have interest in the Charlton #1 Cgc 9.4 of course closer to current Gpa. I'll send you a pm.

35 years is a long time to look for a book. The longest I ever looked for a specific book was 15 years before finally finding a copy and it ended up being a Cgc 1.5 I was still very happy and fortunate to have added it to my collection.

Scooby Doo #1 is a tough book to find period but in high grade it is next to impossible to locate due to there only being a handful of high grade copies in existence!

1,339 posts
On 2/20/2019 at 11:20 AM, JollyComics said:

I can see why.  All last ten copies in all grades were sold in last 6 months.

1785765811_ScreenShot2019-02-20at1_09_24PM.thumb.png.4be6da01d3c9ba4a412caf38e905824b.png

Surprisingly not many books on the census...

1051308259_ScreenShot2019-02-20at1_11_14PM.png.b5095284d6397f0759b91b6675a7d03a.png

Last summer, I found Scooby Doo #1 (Gold Key) at the antique mall. I offered it for $50. It was sold quickly. Eventually I called my dealer about it and he immediately offered me $325 for VG copy.

All #1 copies in any grade in MCS were sold out instantly. One left at 7.0 is currently on eBay except two in crabby condition. I see why again! 

Yes there has been a lot going on with this book recently.

Three to four times a week I am now being asked for it.

I'm not sure what is going on but my guess is that it could be a mixture of things. With Scooby Doo being one of the most recognized and famous cartoon characters in the world along with this book being very tough to find could possibly have caused collectors/dealers to take notice that this book is much more significant than initially realized, plus this comic is almost 50 years old now, very hard for me to imagine that!

I have heard several different people say this over the years but didn't really take what they were saying too seriously until recently.

That must have been a surprise and very cool finding a Scooby Doo #1 in an antique mall, and yes I agree that whenever this book pops up for sale it doesn't last for too long.

6,360 posts
10 hours ago, cbcnow said:

Yes there has been a lot going on with this book recently.

Three to four times a week I am now being asked for it.

I'm not sure what is going on but my guess is that it could be a mixture of things. With Scooby Doo being one of the most recognized and famous cartoon characters in the world along with this book being very tough to find could possibly have caused collectors/dealers to take notice that this book is much more significant than initially realized, plus this comic is almost 50 years old now, very hard for me to imagine that!

I have heard several different people say this over the years but didn't really take what they were saying too seriously until recently.

That must have been a surprise and very cool finding a Scooby Doo #1 in an antique mall, and yes I agree that whenever this book pops up for sale it doesn't last for too long.

I have seen many Disney, Dell, Harvey, Classic Illustrated and late bronze to modern comic books but I saw it in the glass booth. I wouldn't pass it so I am glad that I did. That was my only third time in last six years. It becomes impossible to be found anywhere for less.

11,342 posts

One of my favorite books (I grew up with Scooby and the gang).  I have three copies but no 9.4.  Two at 6.5 and one at 3.5.  And one Charlton #1 at 9.0.  

Good luck on the quest.

1,339 posts
On 2/20/2019 at 4:44 PM, www.alexgross.com said:

i just had no clue that such a book, from such a terrible show which i watched religiously as a kid, was so sought after. i almost thought your post was a joke! apologies and good luck--

No problem and thanks. Yes, seems like quite a few people were on the same page as you (including myself at one time) not realizing how sought after this book truly is!

I just wish I would have taken notice sooner. 

207 posts

Hi so I am looking at a collection this week someone had called me today. So I decided to do. A search had no idea that scooby doo was so collectible 

He supposedly has the 1970 gold key run #1 and up . He says they are nice. So this could be interesting now. I see him next weekend.. if anyone is looking including you sir any other issues on the run let me know. I may have it in my hands by next weekend. Cheers 

2,540 posts
15 hours ago, cbcnow said:

terrible show

Not until Scrappy got there. 

45,496 posts
On 2/20/2019 at 4:44 PM, www.alexgross.com said:

Some of us apparently have better memories of the show.:baiting:

2,733 posts

Raggy Raggy... Relp RELP! Someone's looking to Dognap me? 

For 10,000 Snackaroos.

giphy.gif

1,339 posts
On 2/22/2019 at 7:25 AM, JollyComics said:

I have seen many Disney, Dell, Harvey, Classic Illustrated and late bronze to modern comic books but I saw it in the glass booth. I wouldn't pass it so I am glad that I did. That was my only third time in last six years. It becomes impossible to be found anywhere for less.

Yes I agree it is a very tough book to pass on especially being that it is now next to impossible to find in almost any condition. The last several comic book conventions that I've been to didn't have a single copy for sale, raw or graded that I was aware of. Ebay will have a couple of listings every now and then but they usually sell rather fast.