• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee's first appearance
1 1

18 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Shrevvy said:

He appears in Margie #36 from June 1947. I don't know if that is his first appearance or not though.

"Margie's Big Date"  He takes Margie to a nightclub where she swoons over movie stars and embarasses him. He is featured and pictured throughout the whole story. He loved the book when I asked him to sign a copy. He had forgotton about it.

commargie36b.jpg

commargie36c.jpg

commargie36d.jpg

On 2/21/2019 at 4:48 AM, catman76 said:

I think he appeared in a 40s marvel funny animal comic, or maybe I am thinking of Vince Fago. Someone did, I just don't remember who for sure.

Most the artists drawing for Timely ended up drawing themselves in one story or another.  It's very possible Stan was included in one or more.

Finally got another copy of Margie #36 after selling my copy last year on these boards - one of those I regretted selling and was actively looking for. 

Had to purchase in bundle with 20 something odd other silver age books which will probably be up here for sale in coming months - but I got one.

“You may inform Mister Lee that Margie is here to see him!” “Where are we going mister Lee?”  “Just call me Stan!  I have a table reserved at the Stork Club.” “I’ll bet all the celebrities come here!”  June 1947

jpg040.jpg

1 hour ago, path4play said:

Finally got another copy of Margie #36 after selling my copy last year on these boards - one of those I regretted selling and was actively looking for. 

Had to purchase in bundle with 20 something odd other silver age books which will probably be up here for sale in coming months - but I got one.

“You may inform Mister Lee that Margie is here to see him!” “Where are we going mister Lee?”  “Just call me Stan!  I have a table reserved at the Stork Club.” “I’ll bet all the celebrities come here!”  June 1947

jpg040.jpg

jpg040.jpg

jpg040.jpg

Awesome pick up l

jpg040.jpg

Congrats! I discovered that many years ago and horded as many as I could find. I presented a copy to Stan at a show many years ago and had him sign another one. He was blown away because he had forgotten about it. It was fun to see his reaction!