• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CCS/Re-grade from 9.8 to 9.9?

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone had any luck in getting a 9.8 upgraded to a 9.9?

I ask, because there is a limited 6-issue series that I'm looking at, all graded by CGC. 5 of the 6 are 9.9s. As someone with OCD, well, that doesn't appease me lol. These are Modern books printed in the mid-90's. There are 0 9.9s on the Census for me to consider finding.

To some, this seems trivial. To the ones that understand, I'm sure you can empathize. Has this ever happened for anyone?

1 minute ago, I like pie said:

Might be easier to crack the 9.9s, read them and re sub for 9.8s:idea:

There are a few reasons I'm considering buying this lot (I know your post was mostly in jest):

• The 5 9.9s are the only Mint books on the Census for their issues.
  • It's a limited series that I love. One of the covers is at the top of my list for cover art.
  • The price is very reasonable (with Best Offer available).

I've only bought SS books, because other than pre-Modern, I don't see the point in owning NM books. They're just common. The unique situation of these books really call to me.

I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on these regardless. I'm just hoping I can find a way to get a 9.9 out of the one book that isn't graded as such. It will likely be an uphill battle, but I figured I'd ask around here to see if it's been accomplished before.

It all depends on the cover stock used. On normal books that use basic cover stock, it's very hard to get a 9.9 or higher. I've been submitting since 2007 and the only one I've gotten was last month.

That one was a foil cover, so thicker stock. My pre screen 9.8 % is around 85% and I've submitted approximately 850-900 books.

Good luck though. Love to know which books, after you get them.

7 minutes ago, I like pie said:

It all depends on the cover stock used. On normal books that use basic cover stock, it's very hard to get a 9.9 or higher. I've been submitting since 2007 and the only one I've gotten was last month.

That one was a foil cover, so thicker stock. My pre screen 9.8 % is around 85% and I've submitted approximately 850-900 books.

Good luck though. Love to know which books, after you get them.

They're 60-page books, with a flat spine, glued like TPBs. I imagine they have to have thicker cover stock. There are only about 250 of Book #1 graded, for example.

Thanks for your input. My OCD is just getting the better of me right now lol. This is the very definition of a 1st World Problem.