• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Share The Mignola Art From Your Personal Collection
3 3

143 posts in this topic

I was outbid on two of the pages at auction today! I may go back for more torture on those and lose anyway. I am certainly planning on getting a few sketches should Mike bring some to the comic art expo.

This was shown on Facebook today, Mike Mignola's tribute to Moebius!

minolamoebiustribute.jpg.13d16310b600dee85260d01f50fee549.jpg

I cannot stop looking at it!

2 hours ago, chromium said:

I sold most of my Mignola art but held on to a few pieces and bought another one in 2018.

I prefer the pre-2003 stuff, as I think that's where Mignola is at his Gothic best, plus I don't really dig the art where there are no more text-balloons as Mignola went digital.

doomignola.thumb.jpg.fd8ee08b9984afefaa68e9fb803257e0.jpg871408943_2018HMikeMignolaHellboy4TradePaperbackTheRightHandofDoomStoryPage3.thumb.jpg.209143cffc549add8beac287868d1c38.jpg

The one I bought last year I entered in the Lowry showdown and this is how I feel about it :

Hellboy Conqueror Worm #3 P23...The Attack of the killer B-characters - Mike Mignola

I've been lucky to acquire a fair deal of Mignola Hellboy pages, but this time I bought one without Hellboy !

"Infidel !" I hear you cry, but come on, if Hellboy was on this page as well it would explode.

The Story is called "Conqueror Worm" and there he is in all his slimy g(l)ory in panel 1. But Mignola gives us even more..there he is as well...the original jar-head Herman von Klempt himself (past and future !)

But the crowning glory must be a rare appearance of probably Mignola's greatest creation (and the reason I went hog wild to buy this page)...the Superior Specimen of the Simian Species...the all-conquering Kriegaffe.

If DC had put War Apes instead of Monkeys on all those 60's cover I bet their circulation would have been even higher.

1654660203_2018hMikeMignolaHellboyConque

Great story - and two super cool side characters !! Magnificent 

1 minute ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

Mignola Hellboy s looks to be about 1500 starting , Non Hellboys 400 plus - didn’t he used to sell them off his website ?

Yes, and I think he may still do so but they go immediately. Not 100% sure though. The best way to get art is to see him at a show. I bought a cover (regrettably since sold) at a NYCC one year but have been getting the smaller sketches in recent times. I like the smaller drawings, they have a personality lacking in the panel pages I think. I have some $$$ saved and am hoping to add to it before seeing him in April, I would rather get a bunch of the sketches than a panel page with the same money. I got three last time I saw him in 2017 and hope to get a few more than that this time. Sometime in the last six months or so he posted one on twitter that he said he did for fun and I asked him to bring it to the comic art expo, hopefully he does and I can snag it!

32 minutes ago, Bird said:

Yes, and I think he may still do so but they go immediately. Not 100% sure though. The best way to get art is to see him at a show. I bought a cover (regrettably since sold) at a NYCC one year but have been getting the smaller sketches in recent times. I like the smaller drawings, they have a personality lacking in the panel pages I think. I have some $$$ saved and am hoping to add to it before seeing him in April, I would rather get a bunch of the sketches than a panel page with the same money. I got three last time I saw him in 2017 and hope to get a few more than that this time. Sometime in the last six months or so he posted one on twitter that he said he did for fun and I asked him to bring it to the comic art expo, hopefully he does and I can snag it!

Very cool- thanks for the info - I have a signed comic by him from the great Rich Henn but I’d love to get some original art ( and maybe have him sign one of my all time favorite covers of punisher # 6) didn’t see him on upcoming show schedule , hopefully easy coast soon