• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Share The Mignola Art From Your Personal Collection
3 3

143 posts in this topic

On 3/1/2019 at 1:58 PM, Bird said:

That is one of the better pages in the book.

If people want to sell any of these awesome images feel free to shoot me a PM!

yes.  give bird a shot.  he has cought several pieces from me and it was always a pleasant experience.

i have a few mignola pieces myself.,,,when i get a chance, i hope to add some images here.

He usually just has his portfolio of art with him, if that. I know he used to only do remarques in the HC Art of Hellboy book and stuck to that pretty well.

On 3/8/2019 at 8:22 AM, ZimmermanTelegram said:

Does Mignola sell anything else at conventions? Prints, trades, etc? Does he do remarques?

It's been a few years since I've seen him, but the couple of times I did he had a portfolio of art as well as several sketchbooks. I know the first time I met him, I bought one of every sketchbook on the table and he thanked me because I'd already made his day (paid for his table) at the start of the first day of the show! 

On 3/8/2019 at 3:02 PM, furthur said:

How about Mignola with Kelley Jones inks?

Comic art 34.JPG

Love this series, but then again Mignola and Jones are two of my top artists, probably two and three behind Kirby. Well maybe 3 and 4 behind Kirby and Stevens. Well then you gotta wedge Simonson in there too...hrm...anyway, they're way up there.

I love the Corum books, they're still readily available in dollar bins and they're such cool books!

23 minutes ago, ZimmermanTelegram said:

Does anyone know typically what a Mignola Hellboy page without Hellboy would sell for these days?

Good question! I’d also love such a page. 

7 hours ago, ZimmermanTelegram said:

Does anyone know typically what a Mignola Hellboy page without Hellboy would sell for these days?

It depends on the time period...if it's early Mignola with some significant other characters it would sell for more than later (non text balloon) pages with just Hellboy and nothing much else.

Check the Heritage Auctions archive, there are many pieces that sold recently. 

49 minutes ago, ZimmermanTelegram said:

Thank you. Let me rephrase my question. What do the cheapest Hellboy pages run? I’m talking like a page with  a town shot without any notable characters (or any characters at all) and maybe a skeleton or something.

On 4/3/2019 at 1:08 PM, ZimmermanTelegram said:

Thank you. Let me rephrase my question. What do the cheapest Hellboy pages run? I’m talking like a page with  a town shot without any notable characters (or any characters at all) and maybe a skeleton or something.

Prices have been creeping up for the past three years or so, if you go by pages that sold within the last year, I think this page is almost what you are describing... scenery and no notable characters.

This is a page from The Third Wish story from 2002 and sold for $1,920.00. I think you will hard pressed to find a published Mignola page for under two grand...or maybe a page from his final stories, where he used sparse backgrounds and much less black (ink) and of course no dialogue.

--The Third Wish 1 Story Page 1 Original Art 2002.jpg

Hellboy with severed head pinup (1996) & Hellboy with batwings pinup (1998). To my knowledge neither are published but really dig them. Eventually I want a 1993 piece but so far these are my earliest ones.

328B10C6-260C-44F5-98BC-278643C6D5C9.jpeg

2FD7E2C3-E654-4E92-8BF1-562D29D09D6D.jpeg

Edited by Captain ShipWreck