• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Marvel Labels
2 2

97 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

People spend $10+ on a box of 20-count 4"-long paper cylinders full of poison that they can suck into their lungs with fire, effectively committing years worth of suicide, so...

Cigarettes were amazing.

1 hour ago, bc said:

So now that people have had many of their books recently re-holdered for the new slab, here's another reason to resubmit.

Brilliant marketing move.

That's a great point! I held off on most of mine since I had a feeling something like this was coming down after the Walking Dead labels. No way they'd just put out TWD labels and stop there.

But hey if people conclude the new labels look crappy it'll blow up in their face. I have faith though

I'm not sure? Is this what they'll look like??? There's no explanation. If this is what they look like then they don't work other than maybe the Iron Man. The Spider-Man design looks like how Larsen & Bagley drew him. It would only work with later copper age issues but definitely not anything silver or bronze! 

Edited by MGsimba77

1 hour ago, MGsimba77 said:

I'm not sure? Is this what they'll look like??? There's no explanation. If this is what they look like then they don't work other than maybe the Iron Man. The Spider-Man design looks like how Larsen drew him. It would only work with later copper age issues but definitely not anything silver or bronze! 

I believe those are them :)

true they aren't as themed as I would of thought, but it appears that the characters will only be in the upper right of the label?

I'd be curious how they'll interweive the notes on the label with the upper right... I didn't see a finished label..

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I believe those are them :)

true they aren't as themed as I would of thought, but it appears that the characters will only be in the upper right of the label?

I'd be curious how they'll interweive the notes on the label with the upper right... I didn't see a finished label..

The artwork is better than I would have expected.  I wish they had gone with Alex Ross artwork though.

5 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

The artwork is better than I would have expected.  I wish they had gone with Alex Ross artwork though.

the thought may be though to keep it as generic as possible to go across ages.... of course that may or may not be lol but perhaps that's the reason for them not to be too fancy 

I agree the artwork is good and more an image that you regularly see of spidey on the inside of a book ;)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
Of

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

the thought may be though to keep it as generic as possible to go across ages.... of course that may or may not be lol but perhaps that's the reason for them not to be too fancy 

I agree the artwork is good and more an image that you regularly see of spidey on the inside of a book ;)

Do you think that artwork would fit in with a silver age Ditko or early Romita cover? Personally I think it meshes much better with a modern book. Same goes for the rest of the labels. 

I guess I just had a more vintage theme in mind for what these labels would look like

7 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Do you think that artwork would fit in with a silver age Ditko or early Romita cover? Personally I think it meshes much better with a modern book. Same goes for the rest of the labels. 

I guess I just had a more vintage theme in mind for what these labels would look like

I agree that period specific sounds better, but no, the meshing may not be ideal....

I'm just thinking they tried to keep it generic, sometimes less is more and sometimes it looks like cutting corners...

I agree with copper and modern looking better though (thumbsu

7 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Hopefully CGC is reading. A period correct image for each age is a great idea.

Agreed! They won't do it but depicting the characters in a more accurate way in accordance with different artists over the ages would be great. Particularly with X-Men assuming they even do X-Men. A GSXM with a vintage themed artwork label would look great imo

1 hour ago, www.alexgross.com said:

how about instead of some silly gimmick like a new label, CGC just hire more staff so turnaround times aren't so terribly slow?

“silly gimmick” = new revenue stream

new revenue stream = more staff (?)

hm