• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE A little Quality...Police, Plastic Man, Military, Modern, Feature, Dollman, Blackhawk
1 1

47 posts in this topic

Another cleaning out the boxes sale... Kind of tired of the Fawcetts (although I do plan to finish off Master, Nyoka and Whiz later). This time it is a small group of Quality titles.

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is $6.00 each for up to two comics, very well packaged. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. All will come with tracking

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

Payment is by PayPal within 3 days FIRM. I will also take checks and money orders if you let me know after I send you an invoice.

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years. 

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go... 

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Blackhawk #21 Oct 1948

Satana good girl art story

Solid, clean, tight copy. Bound off a little at top causing pages to fan out from covers. Back cover has a small piece out of top left. Some minor wrinkling and a few small creases mostly on the back cover. Book bound well to covers but centerfold is neatly detached. Yellowed but supple interior pages.

WAS $50.   NOW  $45.

blackhawk21a.jpg

blackhawk21b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Dollman #25 Nov 1949

Torchy story!

Some light water staining. Staples are rusted a bit and migrates into the centerfold. Small upper spine tear. Long right side corner crease that does not break color. Some small ink cover writing in bottom right corner. Back cover is slightly stained with a small piece out of bottom left corner. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Supple interior pages.

WAS $35.  NOW  $30. Cheap for Torchy!

dollman25a.jpg

dollman25b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Feature Comics #41 Feb 1941

Fat early issue with Dollman from the dawn of the Golden Age. Awsome art in this one.

Light water damage to book. Top half of spine is a little rugged with some surface paper splitting. Spine is not split however and all intact and bound well to book. Book has a small wave to it. Bottom right corner has some wear. Solid and bright with no pieces missing.Yellowed but supple interior paper. Wouldn't break my heart to keep this one...

WAS $45.  NOW $40. Way cheap for a Superhero book from 1941

feature41a.jpg

feature41b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Feature Comics #115 Oct 1947

Dollman meets the Sphinx

Weird small round "tape pull" at bottom right by Dollman's feet. "Bonnetts" "pedigree stamp. Smooth, tight spine with book and centerfold bound well to covers. Just minor overall wear. Supple interior pages.

STILL $30.

feature115a.jpg

feature115b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Military #5 Dec 1941

Nice Chuck Cuidera cover.

This book is missing a LOT of pages. I will just leave it at that. So you are just buying a very nice, attached set of covers with just the hint of a nibble in upper right corner. Flat, bright, no missing pieces or creases. Find a coverless copy and you are in business!

WAS $30.   NOW $25.

military5a.jpg

military5b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Military #9 April 1942

Fat WWI cover issue with some nice Powell art

Cover is neatly detached from book. Small piece out of top left spine. on front and back covers A light water stain down right edge. Cover neatly split to bottom staple. A few very small edge tears. Nice, supple interior pages with no damage.

WAS $50.   NOW  $45. Again cheep for a 1942 GA book!

military9a.jpg

military9b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Military #17 March 1943

Blackhawk by Crandall. Nice cover on this one.

A bright, clean glossy copy with no missing cover pieces. Cover neatly detached from book at single staple. Neat, 1" lower spine split. Light waterstain on back cover in lower right corner. Centerfold very neatly detached but not torn or ragged. Yellowed but supple interior pages. Presents well in mylar.

WAS $55.   NOW $50. or I will just put back into the collection box...

military17a.jpg

military17b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Modern Comics #83 1949

Torchy by Ward. Jack Cole art.

Small piece out of middle spine. Ink name and date oncover with a small name stamp at top. Has arrival date stamp of Dec 27 1948. Small tear at top of spine. Has numerous tiny right side edge tears and at bottom right corner as well. Book and centerfold still bound to covers. Slightly yellowed interior pages.

STILL $30.  Torchy by Ward what a deal

modern83a.jpg

modern83b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Modern Comics #90 Oct 1949

Exceptional Torchy story by Ward

Book has a rather dark dust shadow on 3 sides. Not brittle at all. Bottom right corner is chewed. No art or story affected. Smooth, tight spine. Book and centerfold well attached to covers. No other tears or creasing.

STILL $25.  Come on, Torchy in her undies!

modern90a.jpg

modern90b.jpg

modern90c.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Plastic Man #47 July 1954

Great horror story!

A flat, bright clean copy. Cover is very neatly detached at popped staples. Very neat 2" lower spine split. No missing pieces, or tears or creases to speak about. Centerfold well attached to supple interior pages with no damage. Nice looking copy

$35.

plasticman47a.jpg

plasticman47b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

3 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Plastic Man #47 July 1954

Great horror story!

A flat, bright clean copy. Cover is very neatly detached at popped staples. Very neat 2" lower spine split. No missing pieces, or tears or creases to speak about. Centerfold well attached to supple interior pages with no damage. Nice looking copy

$35.

plasticman47a.jpg

plasticman47b.jpg

take it

SOLD!

Plastic Man #49 Nov1954

Jack Cole art. Another cool horror story. Quality was really turning it on to keep up with all the hot selling horror titles of the era.

Spine is a little rough on this one. Spine neatly split about half way up from bottom. Cover is still well attached to book at top. Numerous small edge tears and creases. Back cover has a long crease inbottom left corner. Light stain in top of back cover. Off white interior paper.

STILL $30. Come on, horror story and look at that cover!

plasticman49a.jpg

plasticman49b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Plastic Man #50 Dec 1954

"Red Scare" cover and story

Light water rippling over whole book. Not much staining. Outside staples show very little rust but rust has migrated to centerfold. No tears or creases except small corner fold in lower left back cover. Book and centerfold tight to covers. Off white interior pages with no damage.

WAS $25.  OK, it's a bit underwater, how about $20.?

plasticman50a.jpg

plasticman50b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Plastic Man #58 Jan 1956

Nice, solid copy.Tiny chip out of top of spine. Very light spine wear. No tears or splits, just a little rubbing. Book and centerfold snug to covers. Off white interior pages

WAS $45.  NOW $35. Scarce later issue

plasticman58a.jpg

plasticman58b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Police Comics #48 Nov 1945

Jack Cole art

Spine is rolled. A few small spine tears. Tiny tape repair at bottom right corner. "5" written in center of cover. Small piece out of back cover. Numerous small wrinkles, creases and tiny edge tears on back cover. Book is bound well to covers but centerfold is neatly detached at top staple. Yellowed, supple interior pages.

WAS $35.   NOW $30. cheap for Plastic Man, Spirit and GGA

police48a.jpg

police48b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Police Comics #53 April 1946

Jack Cole art. Nice Candy GGA art story inside

Light water stains around edges. Small chip out bottom right corner. Back cover has most of the stains. A few small edge tears. Book and centerfold bound secure to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but supple.

WAS $25.   NOW $20!

police53a.jpg

police53b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man