• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Octoberfest III: gold, silver, bronze! Keys and not keys! High grade, low grade, no grade! 400+ books!
17 17

2,458 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, october said:

Just a heads-up. I have found at least two instances where the board software shows one person winning, then later shuffles the posts to show another. I'm trying to catch them if they see them, but please pay attention to what's on your list when I send out invoices this weekend. 

I just saw it happen with two posts in my thread... when I clicked back into the thread a second time, they had swapped positions. Really freaky. Is this a new thing or have the boards always done this?

38 minutes ago, Point Five said:

I just saw it happen with two posts in my thread... when I clicked back into the thread a second time, they had swapped positions. Really freaky. Is this a new thing or have the boards always done this?

Its new to the current software. The old software posted the times.

8 hours ago, october said:

Date with Millie 3

6.0 (R?)

$35

Sold this, then the new owner returned it for CT on the spine. Looks more like distributor overspray to me...or the worst CT job in the history of restoration hackjobs. Just not sure. 

SOLD

001 (63).jpg

It's distributor's ink, there were a bunch of those in the Bakertowne sale.

Nice sale, Andy, sorry to have missed it so far, I'm up to page 50 something;)

Edited by skypinkblu
spelling

8 hours ago, HouseofComics.Com said:

FYI, the Date with Millie is definitely distributor ink. That's the issue that was in some quantity in the Bakertowne warehouse and basically all the vintage books in there were striped. Generally a light stripe but the Classics/World Around Us were kind of disgusting with heavy purple ink all over the back cover sometimes.

I should have read through more pages before posting;) 

2 hours ago, october said:

Just a heads-up. I have found at least two instances where the board software shows one person winning, then later shuffles the posts to show another. I'm trying to catch them if they see them, but please pay attention to what's on your list when I send out invoices this weekend. 

There is a way to search "View Source" and get the exact times.

Anyone needs the how to LMK.. and I'll post a guide here.

For example, the Batman 227 I won had only one other bidder. Here's the times (I won by a nano second).

Me : datetime = 2019-02-21T20:05:38Z

Habsfan : datetime = 2019-02-21T20:05:39Z

6 minutes ago, geoffdude said:

For example, the Batman 227 I won had only one other bidder. Here's the times (I won by a nano second).

Please share 

8 minutes ago, geoffdude said:

1 minute ago, Spyder! said:

Please share 

Yes. That might come in handy. 

37 minutes ago, geoffdude said:

So they do only record down to seconds... Then its pretty likely that in a thread like this there will be some where two people post at the same second... would guess that't whats causing them to flip around.

OK .. it's a bit tricky, but not too difficult.

(1) Go to your post with the time you want to get

(2) On the top of the post is a line of text that reads "Posted x hours ago" .. place your cursor on this text and get the exact date time structure that shows on popup box .. ex: "02/21/2019 12:05 PM" was mine.

FeoQtrU.png

(3) Right click on the post and select "View Page Source" .. this will show the source code for the whole page (don't get too worried about the code)

RxbOCI1.png

(4) Click on the code and do a "search" for the date-time you just grabbed above.. this will place you in the area of your exact post, with the time code. (May be other similar posts, but just click the arrow up/down on search to view them). In my pic below the SEARCH box is on the bottom of my browser window .. that's where the date-time goes. Then just search.

(5) Your time will show up to the second when you've located that segment code.

QdQLTfv.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 9.00.54 PM.png

Edited by geoffdude

15 minutes ago, SOLAR BOY said:

I’m excited about tomorrow....I’m ready to take on the takebot. I’ll will get him a couple times I hope.....lol should be fun. 

wake up, wake up - you must be dreaming

12 minutes ago, SOLAR BOY said:

Geez I did say a couple times not a lot.....and nothing makes this more fun that a little smack talk and some competition. Good luck tomorrow my friend. 

And to you chum.  Indeed, the smack talk is purely atmospheric.

Much like the puff of smoke you will be inhaling behind my mighty TAKE

6 hours ago, geoffdude said:

Sure...rub it in.... :baiting: