• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Octoberfest III: gold, silver, bronze! Keys and not keys! High grade, low grade, no grade! 400+ books!
17 17

2,458 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, RSS0429 said:

Thanks for the suggestion Michael! Will def ask him.

Before you send it to CGC, take some time to experience a Salida.  Those books are just so stunning, clean, crisp.  Almost as much fun as looking at a raw Mile High (MH have that SMELL of awesome as well of course).

6 minutes ago, Comcav said:

Before you send it to CGC, take some time to experience a Salida.  Those books are just so stunning, clean, crisp.  Almost as much fun as looking at a raw Mile High (MH have that SMELL of awesome as well of course).

Salida CO? Geez, I’ve been there 4-5 times! My brother-in-law lives 10 minutes from there.

Edited by gunsmokin

7 minutes ago, Comcav said:

Slabbed?..whats that. (joking of course). But seriously, these books are meant to be read, then put away. Lasted 55 years without being slabbed right?

21 minutes ago, RSS0429 said:

Slabbed?..whats that. (joking of course). But seriously, these books are meant to be read, then put away. Lasted 55 years without being slabbed right?

Yeah, if you want your book being encapsulated, of course you won't able to read it inside the case. My friend Gary told me about his friend who never sends his prized Action Comics #1 to CGC. He reads sometimes and shows off his book to his friends and families for 25 years. I'd rather to have it encapsulated being protected from further damages. They choose to have them slabbed or not. Are you cracking the case and take Spectacular Spider-man #64 out that I recently sold you? it's 9.8 Near Mint/Mint!

Edited by JollyComics

34 minutes ago, Comcav said:

I have two raw copies --- freaking WHITE PAGES and freaking very clean covers.

35 minutes ago, RSS0429 said:

Thanks for the suggestion Michael! Will def ask him.

No COA, but comes with a provenance sheet. It also has the correct date stamp, as someone pointed out....and the gloss, snow white pages, etc. 

If CGC doesn't recognize it you can have a refund....which I will use to fly to Sarasota to hit their pedigree expert in the head with a tack hammer. 

Just now, JollyComics said:

Yeah, if you want your book being encapsulated, of course you won't able to read it inside the case. My friend Gary told me about his friend who never sends his prized Action Comics #1 to CGC. He reads sometimes and shows off his books to his friends and families for 25 years. I'd rather to have it encapsulated being protected from further damages. They choose to have them slabbed or not. Are you cracking the case and take Spectacular Spider-man #64 out that I recently sold you? it's 9.8 Near Mint/Mint!

gave all my copper/bronze to my 13 year old son ( the movies really sparked interest in this age group) . But a few books i kept and decided to slab myself. SS#64 was one of my favorites and when i saw it in 9.8..couldn't resist .

The Golden age stuff i agree should be protected and will likely slab, but some of those books i got from this sale i will def read!...ill put on the full biohazard suit though..:)

1 minute ago, october said:

No COA, but comes with a provenance sheet. It also has the correct date stamp, as someone pointed out....and the gloss, snow white pages, etc. 

If CGC doesn't recognize it you can have a refund....which I will use to fly to Sarasota to hit their pedigree expert in the head with a tack hammer. 

Not worried about CGC. That book will be handed down, i'll Let my kid deal with it. I can't do everything for him..:)

19 minutes ago, october said:

Just added everything up and this was, by far, my biggest thread. 

Thanks again. 

I came for the comics, and stayed for the comics. The threadkrapping was a bonus!!

In all seriousness, great sales thread. Something for everyone. I truly hope your profits went well above expectations. You deserve it. And grats to all the buyers!