• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Octoberfest III: gold, silver, bronze! Keys and not keys! High grade, low grade, no grade! 400+ books!
17 17

2,458 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, october said:

No COA, but comes with a provenance sheet. It also has the correct date stamp, as someone pointed out....and the gloss, snow white pages, etc. 

If CGC doesn't recognize it you can have a refund....which I will use to fly to Sarasota to hit their pedigree expert in the head with a tack hammer. 

Here are two pristine conditions I bought from other board member - SSWS has 8.5 label Salida copy and AAMW doesn't have the label but he told me that is from Salida collection (no stamp).

DD222022019_4.thumb.jpg.90307c4359e673a5a38caca9074c3eaf.jpgDD222022019_3.thumb.jpg.a534f9f0b862e4e7583730653028ec44.jpg

What a sale thread that is ... beyond fricking awesome! So many beautiful books ... I did saw one book still alive up for sale. Damn... this is on my list. :p

Maybe ... if I wait until it come up again in next octoberfest thread? 

I came on here anxious to look at all the books and all I see is a lot of words! 

But thats awesome because like I said earlier, the real fun is the friends we made along the way  (and the books we grabbed before others can :))

Edited by Erndog

Hello October,

Just a quick follow-up to remind you that I’m still waiting to hear back re my offer on the “CAP 117” you posted for sale yesterday. It was on page 98 of this thread and your ask price was $200. I’m sure the delay is because you’re busy with a few other sales already, which is understandable. You’ve got some nice comics here, and your prices while a bit “strong” are very close to the mark. Just the kind of seller I like to buy from! (thumbsu

One thing I forgot to mention in yesterday’s “PM” is that while my offer is solid, it is conditional on knowing more about the comic’s pressing history. Don’t worry, I’m not one of those annoying buyers who needs a full page description on a comic book’s history—really just a few short sentences will do. Also, when I buy on Ebay the better sellers will include a back cover scan to help assess condition...... again, I get that you’re busy, just saying.

Anyway, look forward to hearing back from you, hopefully today as there’s another seller's book I’m thinking about. If we reach a deal I can Paypal immediately.

Thank you,
Point Five

33 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Hello October,

Just a quick follow-up to remind you that I’m still waiting to hear back re my offer on the “CAP 117” you posted for sale yesterday. It was on page 98 of this thread and your ask price was $200. I’m sure the delay is because you’re busy with a few other sales already, which is understandable. You’ve got some nice comics here, and your prices while a bit “strong” are very close to the mark. Just the kind of seller I like to buy from! (thumbsu

One thing I forgot to mention in yesterday’s “PM” is that while my offer is solid, it is conditional on knowing more about the comic’s pressing history. Don’t worry, I’m not one of those annoying buyers who needs a full page description on a comic book’s history—really just a few short sentences will do. Also, when I buy on Ebay the better sellers will include a back cover scan to help assess condition...... again, I get that you’re busy, just saying.

Anyway, look forward to hearing back from you, hopefully today as there’s another seller's book I’m thinking about. If we reach a deal I can Paypal immediately.

Thank you,
Point Five

He doesn’t take friends and family:gossip:

57 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Hello October,

Thank you,
Point Five

Didn’t something like 10 people post :takeit: for that book?

Yikes. lol I like how many folks think I was serious. Just riffing a bit on buyers way behind the curve. (Though to be fair, this sounds a bit like me making a purchase here circa 2006 or so.)

40 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Yikes. lol I like how many folks think I was serious. Just riffing a bit on buyers way behind the curve. (Though to be fair, this sounds a bit like me making a purchase here circa 2006 or so.)

Oh god, I thought you were serious. 

Really, this thread was an amazing amount of fun. I'm super excited about my incoming pile.