• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Octoberfest III: gold, silver, bronze! Keys and not keys! High grade, low grade, no grade! 400+ books!
17 17

2,458 posts in this topic

Exposed True Crime 2

6.0/6.5

$500

Scarce. Going from the best pre-code splash to the most violent book I've seen. Shooting people in the face, setting dogs on fire, shooting a guy in the eyeball. At least three stories that end with someone going to the electric chair. Round it out with an incredibly racist story about a Chinese laundry-mat owner who fights thugs with a clothes iron. Wall to wall horrible. It was "fun" to read it/own it for awhile? I guess?

SOLD cav

001 (99).jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by october

Just now, october said:

Exposed True Crime 2

6.0/6.5

$500

Scarce. Going from the best pre-code splash to the most violent book I've seen. Shooting people in the face, setting dogs on fire, shooting a guy in the eyeball. At least three stories that end with someone going to the electric chair. Round it out with an incredibly racist story about a Chinese laundry-mat owner who fights thugs with a clothes iron. Wall to wall horrible. It was "fun" to read it/own it for awhile? I guess?

001 (99).jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Take

1 minute ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Three keywords for selling books of that era: headlights, weird, violent.

All for the kids. The 1950's were....interesting. 

Edited by october

Just now, DavidTheDavid said:

Holding out hope for something in my price range and collecting predilections. 

Hookers, blow and tentacles?