• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New marvel labels

46 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Darhkestarr said:

So I've read that cgc will have a special marvel lable with a few specific heroes. The one I'm interested in is spiderman and I'm just wondering how exactly do I make sure my book receives that special lable?

Ask CGC. You'll have to pay an additional $5/book per label.

I asked CGC the exact same thing as I have about 10 or 12 books at CCS waiting to pressed so it'll be several months before they even get to grading....unfortunately they told me that they will not change the invoice once the book is in house, so I'm out of luck getting the new labels...and I'm not going to pay a reholdering fee, and 5 handling fee, and 5 Spidey label fee, plus shipping when the books are still there for several more months.  Sucks, big time, but what can you do. It's cleaner and easier for them, and it's their yard.

9 minutes ago, Clayton Harriman said:

I asked CGC the exact same thing as I have about 10 or 12 books at CCS waiting to pressed so it'll be several months before they even get to grading....unfortunately they told me that they will not change the invoice once the book is in house, so I'm out of luck getting the new labels...and I'm not going to pay a reholdering fee, and 5 handling fee, and 5 Spidey label fee, plus shipping when the books are still there for several more months.  Sucks, big time, but what can you do. It's cleaner and easier for them, and it's their yard.

I think you'll be better of without them. I don't get the hype.

I feel like, if you ever had to sell them, they'd sell easier without the custom label. Could just be me, though.

Maybe you're right, I never thought about that. Everything happens for a reason I guess.   And maybe they'll turn out to be not that great looking...depends on what or who they use for Spidey...would it be just the face, or the whole body? and would it be Ditko, John Romita Sr, or someone new? My buddy is at C2E2 this year and I do look forward to seeing them.

2 hours ago, stevie619 said:

It also says it will launch in March at a convention so you still have to wait till March something should say it in the email they sent out. Sucks cause I'm waiting for my spiderman and I dont know how to ask.

See my post below, I'm in the same boat and they won't change the invoice.

On 2/21/2019 at 8:35 PM, TwoPiece said:

Ask CGC. You'll have to pay an additional $5/book per label.

I just tried to add the label to 1 book in a submission. However, seems like it will be shipped seperately, so not only does it cost $5 but it also cost $30 in extra shipping cost. - so - no Thanks until CGC can find away to ship it together with regular cover submissions

I got the email just before sending in a handful of books for reholders, so I’m holding off to see what they look like. If they’re nice, I’ll probably snag a couple. Hopefully DC does something like this as well. 

On 2/24/2019 at 8:27 AM, Poka said:

I just tried to add the label to 1 book in a submission. However, seems like it will be shipped seperately, so not only does it cost $5 but it also cost $30 in extra shipping cost. - so - no Thanks until CGC can find away to ship it together with regular cover submissions

Does this mean the labels are now available on the invoices?

On 3/2/2019 at 1:37 AM, SBRobin said:

Does this mean the labels are now available on the invoices?

Yes if you submit a comic for which label is available you will be asked before you check out whether you wish to add the new label. However, if you have a mix order where not all qualify for the new label you will be charged two times shipping

Just my luck I try to submit for a reholder and i cannot find the option for the labels anywhere. I've dont everything besides actually submit because I dont want to resubmit and not get the label because I didnt choose it. Am I missing something??

On 3/8/2019 at 6:31 PM, Darhkestarr said:

Just my luck I try to submit for a reholder and i cannot find the option for the labels anywhere. I've dont everything besides actually submit because I dont want to resubmit and not get the label because I didnt choose it. Am I missing something??

You most definitely are.

The whole intent of this program is for you to resubmit your already slabbed books back into CGC for the new labels. :gossip:

After all, why would any company want to make money on your book only one time, when they can come up with so many different services whereby you will keep resubmitting the exact same slabbed book back into them on a continuous basis.  It's all about the money and the big dollar sign.  doh!

39 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

You most definitely are.

The whole intent of this program is for you to resubmit your already slabbed books back into CGC for the new labels. :gossip:

After all, why would any company want to make money on your book only one time, when they can come up with so many different services whereby you will keep resubmitting the exact same slabbed book back into them on a continuous basis.  It's all about the money and the big dollar sign.  doh!

I also think it's important for a company to offer new and improved products and services. Upgraded labels are a fairly economical way of creating something new and exciting. Personally, I think it's a pretty cool idea...