• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New marvel labels

46 posts in this topic

On 2/21/2019 at 6:35 AM, TwoPiece said:

Ask CGC. You'll have to pay an additional $5/book per label.

Plus $15 if reholdering.  I am slowly upgrading my old style holders to a new ones and paying the extra $5 for Walking Dead labels when I do.

On 2/21/2019 at 7:39 AM, stevie619 said:

It also says it will launch in March at a convention so you still have to wait till March something should say it in the email they sent out. Sucks cause I'm waiting for my spiderman and I dont know how to ask.

You just put it in the notes next to each book the special label you want.  Then in the middle of the form, add “Custom labels # x $5 =$X then add this to the total.

On 2/21/2019 at 9:43 AM, TwoPiece said:

I think you'll be better of without them. I don't get the hype.

I feel like, if you ever had to sell them, they'd sell easier without the custom label. Could just be me, though.

Eh, Depends.  Walking Dead keys with the custom label definitely command a premium.  Well worth $5 on good books.  How many people got that Stan Lee label?  I see them all over.

4 hours ago, Krishosein said:

Are these the New Labels?

0111_OBV.JPG?ps.cache=1552508778183

0113_OBV.JPG?ps.cache=1552508778181

0115_OBV.JPG?ps.cache=1552508778188

Where did you find this pic?  If these are truly the special character Marvel labels, I don't know how I feel about the Spidey version.  Spiderman looks fine and all, but why have red goblin in it?  Should only me the one solo character like the other two. I feel like that the label would only look good in any of the Spider-Man/Red Goblin comics.

15 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Where did you find this pic?  If these are truly the special character Marvel labels, I don't know how I feel about the Spidey version.  Spiderman looks fine and all, but why have red goblin in it?  Should only me the one solo character like the other two. I feel like that the label would only look good in any of the Spider-Man/Red Goblin comics.

I found it when I upgraded my membership and was able to submit through mail in under the CGC forum when submitting it asks which one you want I missed the Iron man but its there. I was feeling the exact same way you are feeling about the spidey label. Also I think that label really only works well on modern books I think.

2 hours ago, Krishosein said:

I found it when I upgraded my membership and was able to submit through mail in under the CGC forum when submitting it asks which one you want I missed the Iron man but its there. I was feeling the exact same way you are feeling about the spidey label. Also I think that label really only works well on modern books I think.

True also. Spidey has a modern look compared to his Silver Age years, but the #1 thing that bugged me is the Red Goblin in there. I hope that this is just like a sample copy and not official. Maybe they will change it soon.

On 3/14/2019 at 3:29 PM, Dark Knight said:

True also. Spidey has a modern look compared to his Silver Age years, but the #1 thing that bugged me is the Red Goblin in there. I hope that this is just like a sample copy and not official. Maybe they will change it soon.

my best guess would be these would be the label as I couldn't see them developing sample copies and spending that money and resources on developing the label for a different one, but I could be wrong. Hopefully I am as I have a lot of silver age ones and don't think this label would work on them it would look to off in my view.

Haven’t seen that pic before, but that looks like them, minus the Iron Man label. Personally, I like them. Will be getting a Spidey and Cap for sure. 

Edited by slynger

These will only work with modern books...I can't ever see these on a silver or even bronze for that matter.

I assume they are geared toward the modern collector because there is a much more emphasis on aesthetic with modern collectors (not that that's a bad thing).

I'd love to see a classic design to put on my Cap. #109.

9 hours ago, Shoomanfoo said:

These will only work with modern books...I can't ever see these on a silver or even bronze for that matter.

I assume they are geared toward the modern collector because there is a much more emphasis on aesthetic with modern collectors (not that that's a bad thing).

I'd love to see a classic design to put on my Cap. #109.

I've seen the IM label on some Iron Man #1s and IMO they look awful.

I have professed my love for the 'basic' labels many times. I already don't like comic variants - and I don't like the variants labels.

5 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I've seen the IM label on some Iron Man #1s and IMO they look awful.

I have professed my love for the 'basic' labels many times. I already don't like comic variants - and I don't like the variants labels.

Ye the more I think about it the the more awful it seems. 

The Walking Dead labels are the only ones I'm 100% sold on.

Was considering slabbing my Daredevils -- even the SA ones -- with the new label, but then someone pointed out that 10 labels on 10 books would add $50 to the cost of slabbing, money I'd rather use to fill gaps in my run. 

Edited by alexanderjk

On 7/29/2019 at 3:39 PM, alexanderjk said:

The Walking Dead labels are the only ones I'm 100% sold on.

Was considering slabbing my Daredevils -- even the SA ones -- with the new label, but then someone pointed out that 10 labels on 10 books would add $100 to the cost of slabbing, money I'd rather use to fill gaps in my run. 

10 labels would add $50 to the cost of slabbing 10 books. I like 'em - there's a pretty cool Venom label too that wasn't shown above.

15 hours ago, mschmidt said:

10 labels would add $50 to the cost of slabbing 10 books. I like 'em - there's a pretty cool Venom label too that wasn't shown above.

You're right! Edited my math. My fear is that my OCD will get the better of me and compel me to slab ALL of my Daredevils. 

That Venom label is pretty sweet. 

I was going to get some of these new labels with my last submission, but when I saw I was going to be charged a separate shipping fee, I nixed it.  $5 per label is fairly reasonable, but when you add the separate shipping fees.... it gets way too pricey.  If CGC can fix it so they can ship with other submissions then I will buy some of these.

On 7/31/2019 at 10:47 AM, gadzukes said:

I was going to get some of these new labels with my last submission, but when I saw I was going to be charged a separate shipping fee, I nixed it.  $5 per label is fairly reasonable, but when you add the separate shipping fees.... it gets way too pricey.  If CGC can fix it so they can ship with other submissions then I will buy some of these.

I was thinking the exact same thing I was going to submit some with the label but if they ship separately that will hit me harder being in Canada and trying to save on shipping back costs. Definitely not going to select the new labels anymore glad I read about that saved me an additional shipping charge. 

Edited by Krishosein

4 hours ago, Krishosein said:

I was thinking the exact same thing I was going to submit some with the label but if they ship separately that will hit me harder being in Canada and trying to save on shipping back costs. Definitely not going to select the new labels anymore glad I read about that saved me an additional shipping charge. 

I think this is an issue that CGC should address.  I was going to get about 10 of the labels thru different tier levels and once I saw all of the different shipping costs it really turned me off.

19 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

I think this is an issue that CGC should address.  I was going to get about 10 of the labels thru different tier levels and once I saw all of the different shipping costs it really turned me off.

I agree they definitely need to re address this separate shipping with the labels.