• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics in your collection, that hurts to look at
2 2

104 posts in this topic

Well everyone has at least 1 book in their collection (In my case way more), where every time you see it you just want to replace-upgrade it because it's got a heartbreaking tale, or just a copy that has unknown flaws at the time of purchase behind it, but it's still there in your collection...many years later.

So here is the top on my list Amazing Spider-Man #12

1682600877_asm12.thumb.jpg.e536d5d044e51cc53a0f68cff8afa7d9.jpg

1990285591_asm12b.thumb.jpg.3f0b249d5f5fca0161755cffa0378a83.jpg

Looks pretty good right?

Well about 17 years ago, My Wife at her first Comic Convention with me, broke away purchased this Wall book from a dealer at the show. The comic labeled VF++-off white to white pages- for around $120 to surprise me when we got home with this gift..<3

She was proud, knowing that I needed that issue, I was ecstatic to receive this book...Then I examined it....:tonofbricks:

So Anyway my wife will not buy any raw comics for me now, just CGC graded as raw untrusted.  😃 and really doesn’t like or trust dealers at conventions anymore.. so we don’t go to many nowadays, especially out of state. 

My advice-Check your books, and know the item you’re purchasing before buying. 

Anyone else want to share a sad tale, or book that doesn’t belong?

Edited by nepatkm
Untrust

I'm away from my collection and don't have a pic or as innocent a story, believe me I have soooo many noob mistakes...

Does the sentence 

I own a cgc 6.0 deadpool #1 1997!

Does that Strike fear into your heart?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

WIFE!!!!!  $#@!@!!
That hurts to look at.  I would have to destroy.  I always do a page count examine every book first thing!!!!!

1 minute ago, kav said:

WIFE!!!!!  $#@!@!!
That hurts to look at.  I would have to destroy.  I always do a page count examine every book first thing!!!!!

Right!, My wife tried to do something really nice for me trusting dealers, and their wall books. Yeah not in the hobby, and completely was taken advantage of ¬¬

Don't know who the dealer was, but this shouldn't have been a wall book.. Anyway its a lesson why people need to know what they're getting.. Also a blessing that CGC is around to help those who don't.

1 minute ago, nepatkm said:

Right!, My wife tried to do something really nice for me trusting dealers, and their wall books. Yeah not in the hobby, and completely was taken advantage of ¬¬

Don't know who the dealer was, but this shouldn't have been a wall book.. Anyway its a lesson why people need to know what they're getting.. Also a blessing that CGC is around to help those who don't.

Everyone pls give crash course to all significant others!!!  Ok honey you might try to do something nice for me one day so here's what you have to know-

First of all, DONT!!!!!

1 minute ago, nepatkm said:

She's not that loving on gifts for me.. :roflmao:

maybe after a special night tho-

27 minutes ago, jcjames said:

So bittersweet.....

ASM1_CGC_SS_ss.jpg

So is the problem the Sig?

Still it's witnessed by CGC, Very Nice!! (thumbsu

:sorry:I traded away my ASM #1 in my younger days, for a complete set of Nova :facepalm:

But according to BitcoinSwami, all is going to pay out for me soon! :whee:

Edited by nepatkm
young, real young and stupid!

5 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

:sorry:I traded away my ASM #1 in my younger days, for a complete set of Nova :facepalm:

Oh lord.

6 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

Watching Stan tear the cover as he signed it, ugh...

ETA: But I think you win. :whatthe:

Edited by jcjames

9 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

Youve had some bad ASM setbacks-I want to start a fund raiser for you!
#AF15FORNEP!

I don't have pictures anymore but 2 of my first 3 CGC submissions came back as PLODS. B&B #94 (Adams House of Mystery) and Conan #3 both looked great but had restoration. They are now gone and upgraded from trusted sources (Thank you Dale Roberts!)