• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay sold listing monitoring flaw
2 2

28 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:

FlipperTools got updated yesterday!

Update Sept. 18 '19: Thanks to a very clever user, we are now able to find the actual best offer price!

See Actual Sold Price

Now, who is going to go back over the last three months and check all Best Offers vs GPA?

Thank you for the update 🙏🏻

1 hour ago, GACollectibles said:

FlipperTools got updated yesterday!

Update Sept. 18 '19: Thanks to a very clever user, we are now able to find the actual best offer price!

See Actual Sold Price

Seems that FlipperTools still doesn't work properly :(

eBay sent me an email stating that this piece sold for $1,000, but FlipperTools shows $1:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274014809197?ul_noapp=true

On 2/22/2019 at 7:15 PM, Aweandlorder said:

It has just occurred to me that when a seller sends a direct offer to a buyer on a BIN, if the buyer choses to accept the offer, it would be then recorded on eBays sold listings as SOLD with THE ORIGINAL price offered to the public, instead of the offered price agreed by buyer/seller.

So if I paid $1 by accepting an offer from a seller, for a $1000 listed book of his, eBay will still show that book being sold for $1000 with no line crossed against that price (suggesting a best offer was accepted)

I wonder how many books were improperly reported by such offers

I think it's a huge flaw that needs to be addressed...but I'm one where there needs to be a concrete unwavering fair market value, so I don't believe Ebay prices should honestly reflect the value of a book