• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay sold listing monitoring flaw
2 2

28 posts in this topic

It has just occurred to me that when a seller sends a direct offer to a buyer on a BIN, if the buyer choses to accept the offer, it would be then recorded on eBays sold listings as SOLD with THE ORIGINAL price offered to the public, instead of the offered price agreed by buyer/seller.

So if I paid $1 by accepting an offer from a seller, for a $1000 listed book of his, eBay will still show that book being sold for $1000 with no line crossed against that price (suggesting a best offer was accepted)

I wonder how many books were improperly reported by such offers

9 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

It has just occurred to me that when a seller sends a direct offer to a buyer on a BIN, if the buyer choses to accept the offer, it would be then recorded on eBays sold listings as SOLD with THE ORIGINAL price offered to the public, instead of the offered price agreed by buyer/seller.

So if I paid $1 by accepting an offer from a seller, for a $1000 listed book of his, eBay will still show that book being sold for $1000 with no line crossed against that price (suggesting a best offer was accepted)

I wonder how many books were improperly reported by such offers

I believe watchcount.com will show you the actual price accepted by the buyer/seller under completed items search.

On 2/22/2019 at 5:37 PM, Aweandlorder said:

It does not. It only shows that on offers sent in from the buyer

I don't think it even shows that anymore.

All Feebay BINs/BO only show the starting BIN price on watchcount, they don't show the $$ offers from buyers.

At least not that I've seen anymore.

On 2/22/2019 at 7:37 PM, Aweandlorder said:
On 2/22/2019 at 7:27 PM, Catwomancomics said:

I believe watchcount.com will show you the actual price accepted by the buyer/seller under completed items search.

It does not. It only shows that on offers sent in from the buyer

Have you checked flippertools? Type in the Ebay item number. I haven't tried it in a while so I don't know if it still works?

https://www.flippertools.com/tools/ebayOfferHistory/ebay-best-offer-actual-price.htm

Oops sorry I just realized this is an old thread...my bad. Still may be a useful link

Edited by MGsimba77

On 7/28/2019 at 6:42 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Have you checked flippertools? Type in the Ebay item number. I haven't tried it in a while so I don't know if it still works?

https://www.flippertools.com/tools/ebayOfferHistory/ebay-best-offer-actual-price.htm

Oops sorry I just realized this is an old thread...my bad. Still may be a useful link

Flippertools was having the same issue on an item I was discussing with someone today.  The odd thing was the listing listing said best offer accepted, Watchcount & Flippertoools both had original listed amount and GPA had the lower accepted offer amount.

17 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Ask Chuck R., he seems to know everything 

Image result for all powerful oz jpg

11 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Although I started this thread regarding a different flaw on the eBay platform, it does seem that there is no longer a 3rd party service (IE Watchcount etc.) that reports actual sold listings price after best offer was accepted.

The watchcount site is still up. Do you have an item number to use that I can test? It's a workaround, that basically runs the item number through feeBay UK, which either scrapes the accepted offer, or provides a link to the bidder history to reveal the accepted offer price.

Edited by comicwiz

Found one (item 401773371325) and it looks like you are right. Shows as having sold for $3K when visiting the original listing.

Hulk181-3K.thumb.jpg.7844b97da016ff8895c1e1aa28fc2fb9.jpg

The Watchcount result still shows Best Offer is enabled, and recommends visiting the bidding history to see the accepted offer price, BUT no longer shows the accepted offer price.

watchcount.thumb.jpg.0552369b17f792a39bdae5bb8cf57b8a.jpg

lamebay.thumb.jpg.d47c98847d74f53ff262aa78c995ff7c.jpg

:golfclap:Way to play it lameBay! Timing couldn't be better as a discussion in another thread about using online sites like feeBay to price stuff is better - here we have exhibit A of why feeBay sourcing for final sales is on very shaky ground.

Edited by comicwiz

39 minutes ago, comicwiz said:

The watchcount site is still up. Do you have an item number to use that I can test? It's a workaround, that basically runs the item number through feeBay UK, which either scrapes the accepted offer, or provides a link to the bidder history to reveal the accepted offer price.

Thank you for testing it comicwiz, btw enjoyed reading your "crack, press & resub" thread. Thank you for your detailed insight on the matter

On 7/28/2019 at 6:12 PM, kav said:

member the old days when the info was at your fingertips on ebay?  Any idea what the motive would be for making this info top secret?

I'm assuming eBay makes the bulk of its money from final value fees. It's in their interest for things to sell for more money, so maybe they want to hide when something sells for less, as that keeps the perceived value down.

FlipperTools got updated yesterday!

Update Sept. 18 '19: Thanks to a very clever user, we are now able to find the actual best offer price!

See Actual Sold Price

Now, who is going to go back over the last three months and check all Best Offers vs GPA?

3 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:

FlipperTools got updated yesterday!

Update Sept. 18 '19: Thanks to a very clever user, we are now able to find the actual best offer price!

See Actual Sold Price

Now, who is going to go back over the last three months and check all Best Offers vs GPA?

You.

Thanks!