• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berkeley Comic Show Sun. April 7 Great Dealer Lineup
2 2

59 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Cobbledclam said:

From Harley:

"Hey here is a quick list of books stolen from my suv in Berkeley on Sunday night. There will be 3 or 4 others that I need to determine when I get back. All the books are cgc Unless noted
Thanks
Harley Yee
Harleycomx@aol.com
Cell 13132682149

Amazing fantasy 
15 4.5
Incredible Hulk
1 cbcs 3.0 Stan lee ss
181 8.5
181 5.5
181 4.5
Pep 
17 6.5
Ginger
4 7.0
Detective
149 8.0
Walking dead 
1 8.0
Daredevil
4 9.4
5 9.4
Pictorial romances
10 8.5
Action
20 3.0
X-men 
1 4.0 Stan lee ss
94 8.0
Brave and the bold 
34 6.0
Amazing Spider-Man
14 5.5
300 9.4
Tomb of Dracula
10 7.0
Fantastic four
5 4.5
Strange tales
110 4.5
New mutants
98 9.6 green label
Wonder Woman
14 cbcs 6.0
3 or 4 others that I have to check with the books coming back from St. Louis
5 atlas war books mostly
Men’s adventures
5.0 range
5 mystery pack with 8 comics each with spider-woman 1 in some of them"

Thieves tried selling some to Heroes in Campbell and 4 books  were recovered.

I was hoping this wasn't true. :(  I am wondering if the thieves followed Harley after the con was over....? 

2 hours ago, shortboxed said:

Via Instagram, Alan from Heroes said three people were taken into custody yesterday at the shop and two had prior arrests for car burglaries. No word on if the books have been recovered.

:wishluck:

Hopefully the thieves give the books back and cooperate in the hopes of a lighter sentence.

7 hours ago, HouseofComics.Com said:

I'll start the new thread soon. Looks like minimum four new vendors for June who weren't at the April show Probably end up being more like six.. #keepingitfresh

(thumbsu

On 4/11/2019 at 5:35 PM, HouseofComics.Com said:

Happy to say we have Erik Larsen as guest of honor for the June 30th show. He is a serious, serious vintage comic book fan. His twitter feed is outstanding too. So much knowledge.

Will Larsen be accepting sketch/commission requests?  I sense the limited time of the show and likely the slew of people who will be at his table for sigs and/or shooting the breeze will make it difficult to complete sketches, but I thought I would ask.  (And if he is accepting, what does he charge?)

On 4/13/2019 at 10:32 PM, ExNihilo said:

Will Larsen be accepting sketch/commission requests?  I sense the limited time of the show and likely the slew of people who will be at his table for sigs and/or shooting the breeze will make it difficult to complete sketches, but I thought I would ask.  (And if he is accepting, what does he charge?)

Erik's response: As far as commissions go—I usually do them on the spot—I don’t take names beforehand and I don’t draw anything prior to shows. I’ve been charging $100 for head sketches and $200 for full figures. 

On 4/16/2019 at 7:48 PM, HouseofComics.Com said:

Erik's response: As far as commissions go—I usually do them on the spot—I don’t take names beforehand and I don’t draw anything prior to shows. I’ve been charging $100 for head sketches and $200 for full figures. 

This tweet seems somewhat relevant.

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

This tweet seems somewhat relevent

That's a bummer. My gut feeling is fans (like me) will still pay for a witnessed signature, no matter the cost. Regardless, having CGC there or not, getting to meet Mr. Larsen will be a check off the bucket list. Thanks for the updates ya'll!