• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has this comic been trimmed?

8 posts in this topic

Step 1 is Google the issue and see what the image looks like on other copies.  Quality control on comic book printing has never been top notch, the image can drift if no one's watching the press.  I'm seeing a 9.4 copy where the top of the logo is cut and his foot is a ways from the bottom.  A 9.6 copy has the full logo, but his foot is touching the bottom edge.  I cant see the bottom of yours.

19 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Here's 2 copys both graded Blue Label which means neither could have been trimmed.

lol

But miswraps and miscuts are a very real thing. Comparing copies and measuring don't work.

On 2/23/2019 at 12:40 PM, FineCollector said:

1) take it out of the bag

2) what's your concern?

On 2/23/2019 at 3:18 PM, Ride the Tiger said:

It was very common for the comics of that time to not be cut just right during production. Here's 2 copys both graded Blue Label which means neither could have been trimmed.

On 2/23/2019 at 3:41 PM, Lazyboy said:

lol

But miswraps and miscuts are a very real thing. Comparing copies and measuring don't work.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/447619-pgm-adventure-comics-431/

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 3:29 AM, Bart Allen said:

Hey there, I'm just curious if this issue of Adventure Comics #431 has been trimmed ~

All comments are welcomed!

Hide contents

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Can't see much of the edges but what can be seen does not have any tells for trim.