• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Secret Wars #8 CGC 9.4...worth buying?

15 posts in this topic

Here's a CGC 9.4 copy of Secret Wars #8 (a comic I'd like to get).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6544809565&category=35765&rd=1

Auction ends in 12 minutes, and it's $19.00

I'm curious as to what kind of grade to look for (when buying graded comics) when buying comics of this age. Because they're newer, should one only look for higher grades (9.6+)? Is 9.4 still a worthy grade for a comic of this age?

Here's a CGC 9.4 copy of Secret Wars #8 (a comic I'd like to get).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6544809565&category=35765&rd=1

Auction ends in 12 minutes, and it's $19.00

I'm curious as to what kind of grade to look for (when buying graded comics) when buying comics of this age. Because they're newer, should one only look for higher grades (9.6+)? Is 9.4 still a worthy grade for a comic of this age?

Nah,I'd go for a 9.8 personally. There is a seller on Ebay that usually sells them raw that are in the 9.6 9.8 range, funny thing he emailed me bragging & said he had a whole box of them...unopened! Also there are quite a few HG in the CGC census... popcorn.gif

Nah,I'd go for a 9.8 personally. There is a seller on Ebay that usually sells them raw that are in the 9.6 9.8 range, funny thing he emailed me bragging & said he had a whole box of them...unopened! Also there are quite a few HG in the CGC census... popcorn.gif

That's what I figured (that there were a lot of higher grade books out there.

I think I'm just going to track down a raw copy, so at least I can read it before I bag it and put it away.

They have a reprint or that books out right now for 3.99 and 19.00 for a 9.4 sound good so with a reader copy and the slabbed copy for 20 you're looking at 30 bucks for both sounds like a deal to me and I usually collect 9.6 and better

I agree. If you just want a copy to display, $20 for a 9.4 is casual. Costs less than slabbing your own....and you don't have to deal with turnaround times.

I like having a slabbed copy of this book to display with my MOC black costume Spidey. cloud9.gif

It's not that I'm looking for something that will hold value, I'm just a big Spidey fan and am just starting to put together a collection of Spider-Man comics...this one being a fairly important book in the mythos, imho.

It's not that I'm looking for something that will hold value, I'm just a big Spidey fan and am just starting to put together a collection of Spider-Man comics...this one being a fairly important book in the mythos, imho.

If you are just collecting the books and are not concerned with value, buy a raw copy. gossip.gif

If you are just collecting the books and are not concerned with value, buy a raw copy. gossip.gif

But the book displays better in a slab... poke2.gif

Buy a Showcase Sealer for it. confused-smiley-013.gif

I disagree. tongue.gif

I disagree. tongue.gif

poke2.gif