• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Overpriced 1st appearances
3 3

179 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, Illustrious said:

Agreed, and I'd add that Moon Knight's first appearance is also way overpriced at the moment across all grades. There's a lot of baked in movie/TV speculation at the current asking prices for something that hasn't been announced or even hinted at by Feige and crew..

Yes...for years this has been overpriced while werewolf by night first is still very modest in price. 

2 hours ago, Illustrious said:

Agreed, and I'd add that Moon Knight's first appearance is also way overpriced at the moment across all grades. There's a lot of baked in movie/TV speculation at the current asking prices for something that hasn't been announced or even hinted at by Feige and crew..

Always felt Moon Knights popularity was based on a cool look and perception that greatness would come. It's been that way for decades.

11 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

ASM129 feels overpriced to me at the moment. They’re everywhere you turn!

I had a VG 4.0 as a young teen. Found it at a friend of my parent's house and they said I could keep it. This was 1980. Got rid of it in 1986 during college. Hindsight being 2020.... lol

Steppenwolf - New Gods 7. The absolute, main reason why I gave up chasing after a high grade run of Kirby's New Gods.  No way in hell  I'm paying the stupid, inflated prices for a book based on flipper's speculation for a failed movie. 

Edited by Brian48

50 minutes ago, Brian48 said:

Steppenwolf - New Gods 7. The absolute, main reason why I gave up chasing after a high grade run of Kirby's New Gods.  No way in hell  I'm paying the stupid, inflated prices for a book based on flipper's speculation for a failed movie. 

You are right it takes the fun out of completing the run. We have Werewolf 32 Tomb of Dracula 10 even Amazing Spider-man 129 or Hulk 181 with how many collectors waiting.(thumbsu

I almost want to sell my 101 that I got 2 years ago.  It has more than doubled in value since that time.  I just can't get rid of any Spider-Man books though.  I don't think the Iron Fist 14 is overpriced.  It's not the most common book, it has the one of the earliest examples of Byrne's classic style of art, and IMO Sabretooth was the absolute coolest villain in the MU before they messed him up in the early 90's.

My list of overpriced first appearances would be:

Marvel Winter Special 8- I love this book with its pretty cover and colors but Squirrel Girl?  

Sub-Mariner 5- Maybe not too overpriced but I wish I could get a nice one of these without going too much over 50 bucks.

50 minutes ago, Von Cichlid said:

I almost want to sell my 101 that I got 2 years ago.  It has more than doubled in value since that time.  I just can't get rid of any Spider-Man books though.  I don't think the Iron Fist 14 is overpriced.  It's not the most common book, it has the one of the earliest examples of Byrne's classic style of art, and IMO Sabretooth was the absolute coolest villain in the MU before they messed him up in the early 90's.

My list of overpriced first appearances would be:

Marvel Winter Special 8- I love this book with its pretty cover and colors but Squirrel Girl?  

Sub-Mariner 5- Maybe not too overpriced but I wish I could get a nice one of these without going too much over 50 bucks.

Undervalued.