• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Giant-Size X-Men #1 - get it now?
3 3

284 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Except.... they don't.

-J.

Except they do, GSX1 is the prime example. I dont agree with it, but the sales are right in front of you.

Also, you don't have to sign off. I can see who is posting.

Edited by MadJimJaspers

29 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

What sales ?

Show me. 

And then I will show you an equal amount that don't.

-J.

The last 9.4 WP gsx1 sold for almost 5k on heritage two weeks ago... Find one that matches that price.

and of course prices rise to meet the next market high...that's obvious. If a WP sells for a high price, other page quality books will slowly rise to meet it. 

Edited by MadJimJaspers

19 minutes ago, MadJimJaspers said:

The last 9.4 WP gsx1 sold for almost 5k on heritage two weeks ago... Find one that matches that price.

and of course prices rise to meet the next market high...that's obvious. If a WP sells for a high price, other page quality books will slowly rise to meet it. 

How do you know that sale wasn't just a continuation of the across the board price increases that this book has been experiencing ?

You don't.  

And by the way that copy sold for $4560, not "almost $5k". 

But to answer your question, in mid-January a book with "ow/w" sold for $4100 which was the highest price ever paid for the grade until the sale you mention on heritage mid feb.  In that time there were books with "white pages" on the label that sold for somewhat less.

And subsequent to the high sale on heritage you mention, another copy with "white pages" on the label sold for $4200 on Feb 22, which for some reason is over $300 less than the other copy with "white pages" on the label, and in line with what the "ow/w" copy sold for six weeks ago.

So what does it all mean? 

It means nothing.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

4 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

How do you know that sale wasn't just a continuation of the across the board price increases that this book has been experiencing ?

You don't.  

And by the way that copy sold for $4560, not "almost $5k". 

But to answer your question, in mid-January a book with "ow/w" sold for $4100 which was the highest price ever paid for the grade until the sale you mention on heritage mid feb.  In that time there were books with "white pages" on the label that sold for somewhat less.

And subsequent to the high sale on heritage you mention, another copy with "white pages" on the label sold for $4200 on Feb 22, which for some reason is over $300 Lee's than the other copy with "white pages" on the label, and in line with the "ow/w" copy that sold for six weeks ago.

What does it all mean? 

It means nothing.  

-J.

Heritage adds a 1,2, or 3% processing fee depending on how you pay as well as sales tax and shipping. a $4,560 is definitely just up to 5k. This is another problem with GPA which is a whole different thread altogether.

For the other sales, was a white pages listed at that same price? If there was, I would bet my collection that the WP would have sold first.

You are failing to account for multiple variables including what was currently for sale and the timing for the sales listed. 

Edited by MadJimJaspers

4 minutes ago, MadJimJaspers said:

Heritage adds a 1,2, or 3% processing fee depending on how you pay as well as sales tax and shipping. a $4,560 is definitely just up to 5k. This is another problem with GPA which is a whole different thread altogether.

For the other sales, was a white pages listed at that same price? If there was, I would bet my collection that the WP would sell first.

No.  The reflected price on GPA includes the premium.  The price was $4560.

And sure you can believe whatever you like.

Realized sales don't back it up however.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

2 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

No.  The reflected price on GPA includes the premium.  

And sure you can believe whatever you like.

Realized sales don't back it up however.  

-J.

No, it doesnt...but I don't want to explain it again...buyer's premium is different from fees

Edited by MadJimJaspers

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

Yes it does.

And NO reported sales include sales tax, or whatever other logical fails you're trying to use to justify your lost arguments.

-J.

Nope. Invoice amount is different from sale price on heritage.

Are they just going to report a blanket sales tax for all 50 states??

You are talking to someone who has purchased from heritage multiple times and I can assure you, what you see is not what I paid.

Here's an example: (4560 x 0.065 (CT sales tax of 6.5%)) + 4560 Base price + $38.00 shipping = $4,894.4. If the person paid by credit card add 3%, echeck, 1%, money order 0%. Math is hard...

Edited by MadJimJaspers

4 hours ago, Chaos_in_Canada said:

Plus many GSXM1s with YELLOWING covers, including 9.6W, 9.4W, 9.2W etc

Yep, this book suffers from those ink oil transfer stains so always look for a copy with white pages AND a white cover. ^^

On 3/4/2019 at 12:35 PM, kimik said:

"You should have gone for White Pages!"

image.thumb.png.6e3ae6029e5c6cb6e14e7abed6d80079.png

I could also crack and press it since I know it has not been pressed.  The person i bought it from was considering cracking and pressing it. Just not worth it to me, and the risk to the book. I hear the square binding do not always do well with pressing.